A NJ Terrorism Insurance Special
Recent bomb threats to targeted schools and institutions in FL, NY, OR, MD, WI and other states have prompted legislators to call for exercising caution. These guidelines are designed to help victims know how to safely proceed following any bomb warning.
What to do?
Should you hear a bomb threat over the phone:
- Remain calm and keep your voice as composed as possible.
- Try to signal to another individual to immediately contact police.
- Keep the caller on the line while you try to extract as much info as you can.
- Jot down time and date of call and ask for more details: time of expected explosion, current location of the bomb, description of the bomb, type of bomb, reason for planting the bomb, name and address of caller.
- Take note of external identifying details. Does the caller have an accent? Is the caller a man or woman, young, middle aged or old? Is the caller angry, agitated or composed? Can you detect background noises that tip you off to where the call might be placed?
- Report the threat to 9-11 or your local police station and follow instructions given.
- If you are not instructed to evacuate and you think you and others are in danger, tell everyone in the vicinity to exit the premises and leave the surrounding area quickly and calmly. Do not use the elevators.
PRIME Insurance is a three-generation family-run independent agency. We’re proud partners with many of the leading companies in the industry – big names such as ACE, ASI, ASSURANT, CHUBB, FOREMOST, Liberty Mutual, MetLife, Plymouth Rock, PROGRESSIVE, Safeco, StillWater, Travelers, USLI, ZURICH and more. With thousands of satisfied customers, we benefit policyholders by reviewing current coverage, as well as by shopping our wide network to locate customized policies at competitively lowest quotes.
HAVE A PRIME DAY™!
PRIME Insurance provides all forms of nationwide coverage, including NJ travelers insurance, cheap auto insurance, low quote commercial umbrella insurance NJ, flood insurance, NJ renters insurance, Houston, TX property insurance, NJ homeowners insurance, NJ bonds, NJ workers comp, NJ life insurance and more. We invite you to experience the PRIME difference! Visit us at our online insurance website, email us at PRIME [at] primeins [dot] com or call us at 732-400-5242.
Summary: This step by step bomb threat guide is endorsed by NJ insurance professionals.