The National Weather Service announced a Storm Caution in regard to snow for MD, DE, PA, NJ and NY. With possible heavy snow accumulation of 4 to 6 inches, high winds, associated decreased visibility and temperatures below freezing, the insurance professionals are advising motorists to avoid driving if possible and take necessary precautions in the event operating a car is necessary.
6 Methods to Be Safe in a Wintry Storm
- Keep indoors if you can until the storm has passed.
- Be extra cautious when driving or walking – it’s slippery and accidents can occur!
- Prior to leaving by car, notify a relative or friend about the road course you will be taking, your destination and approximate time when you will reach it. This way, it will be easier to track you if you need help.
- Should you experience the signs of frostbite - numbness and a loss of color to your nose, ears, hands or feet - cover the affected area. Avoid rubbing affected area and seek immediate medical assistance.
- Avoid heart attack risk: be sure to only shovel light weights of snow, as well as to take timeouts during the activity.
- If your garments get wet, change into dry clothes as soon as possible to prevent hypothermia.
PRIME Insurance is a 3-generation family-run independent agency that has won the admiration of the industry. We’ve been presented with numerous awards and been appointed to conduct direct business with more than 40 of the leading companies - big names such as ACE, ASI, ASSURANT, CHUBB, FOREMOST, Liberty Mutual, MetLife, Plymouth Rock, PROGRESSIVE, Safeco, StillWater, Travelers, USLI, ZURICH and more. With over 10,000 satisfied customers, we benefit policyholders by reviewing current coverage, as well as by shopping our wide network to locate tailored coverage at competitively lowest quotes.
HAVE A PRIME DAY™!
PRIME Insurance provides all forms of nationwide coverage, including NJ cheap auto insurance, low quote commercial umbrella insurance NJ, Houston, TX commercial property insurance, flood insurance, vacant property insurance NJ, NJ renters insurance, NJ homeowners insurance, NJ bonds, NJ workers comp, NJ life insurance and more. We invite you to experience the PRIME difference by visiting us on our online insurance website; emailing us at PRIME [at] primeins [dot] com; or by calling us at 732-400-5242.
Summary: As the predicted winter snow storm approaches the Northeast, PRIME Insurance guides you to safety with these quick tips.