Within the Insurance industry, we know anything can happen, at any juncture of time. Preparing yourself for the possibility of wildfire destruction by having a professional review your homeowners insurance policy for related coverage and utilizing recommended safety tactics is your best defense line.
Besides using fire-resistant construction materials when building your home and maintaining a fire-spreading buffer zone by clearing your property of dead trees, limbs, grass and weeds, you can do the following:
- Formulate an evacuation plan for all family members and pets.
- Assign a specific meeting place away from wildfire danger zone
where everyone can meet once evacuation measures are
- Establish and rehearse varying fire-danger escape paths that
distance family members (and pets and livestock) away from
your property and vicinity.
- Appoint an out-of-town friend or relative who will act as a
contact person in the event of family split-up.
- Put together a crisis kit for your home and every member of the household.
- Maintain working fire extinguishers and teach family members on
- Instruct family members on the precise location of your home’s
utility shut-off switches and on how to lock them off in the event
of an active wildfire.
- Individual emergency kits should be stored in something easily
transportable and lightweight, like a backpack or wheeled
The crisis kits should include:
- a 3-day water and non-perishable food supply (for any pets as
- an easily discernable evacuation route map
- necessary medicines and first aid materials
- a fresh set of attire
- spare eyeglasses or contact lenses
- a spare set of car keys
- credit cards or cash
- a flashlight and battery-operated radio
- spare batteries
- personal hygiene materials
- copies of birth certificates, passports and so on
PRIME Insurance is a three-generation family-run independent agency. We’re proud partners with many of the leading companies in the industry – big names such as ACE, ASI, ASSURANT, CHUBB, FOREMOST, Liberty Mutual, MetLife, PROGRESSIVE, Safeco, StillWater, Travelers, USLI, ZURICH and more. With thousands of satisfied customers, we benefit policyholders by reviewing current coverage, as well as by shopping our wide network to locate customized policies at competitively lowest quotes.
HAVE A PRIME DAY™!
PRIME Insurance provides all forms of nationwide coverage, including NJ travelers insurance, cheap auto insurance, low quote commercial umbrella insurance NJ, flood insurance, NJ renters insurance, Houston, TX property insurance, NJ homeowners insurance, NJ bonds, NJ workers comp, NJ life insurance and more. We invite you to experience the PRIME difference! Visit us on our online insurance website; email us at PRIME [at] primeins [dot] com or call us at 732-400-5242!
Summary: Who would have predicted the Byceville, FL home damaging wildfire? Wherever you live, wildfires can erupt. Preparedness is the key to safety and home preservation. This from the NJ Home Owners insurance experts.