A PRIME Insurance Workplace Special
Influenza is a highly contagious virus that may appear in various strains throughout the winter and spring months. Symptoms include:
- Sore throat
- Muscle pain
Flu germs can be spread to other people from about six feet away. High-risk areas include places like schools, work places, shopping malls, airports and other spots where many people congregate and can transmit germs via coughing, sneezing, or talking. Germs can spread from person to person by touching a contaminated surface as well.
What measures can one take to avoid catching the flu?
6 Ways to Keep the Flu at Bay
- Get a flu shot to protect against the most common forms of the flu.
- Avoid close contact with ill people.
- Be sure to wash hands frequently. Wash with soap and water or an anti-bacterial solution and scrub under the nails.
- Remind family members and your work mates to cover coughs and sneezes and to wash up correctly.
- Tell anyone you suspect of having flu signs about your concern for them and direct them to leave work and seek medical attention.
- Make sure sick family members visit the doctor early on and take prescribed anti-viral medicine early on to lessen impact and duration of the flu.
Practice good anti-flu care. Stay well. Be well!
PRIME Insurance is a three-generation family-run independent agency. We’re proud partners with many of the leading companies in the industry – big names such as ACE, ASI, ASSURANT, CHUBB, FOREMOST, Liberty Mutual, MetLife, Plymouth Rock, PROGRESSIVE, Safeco, StillWater, Travelers, USLI, ZURICH and more. With thousands of satisfied customers, we benefit policyholders by reviewing current coverage, as well as by shopping our wide network to locate customized policies at competitively lowest quotes.
HAVE A PRIME DAY™!
PRIME Insurance provides all forms of nationwide coverage, including NJ travelers insurance, cheap auto insurance, low quote commercial umbrella insurance NJ, flood insurance, NJ renters insurance, Houston, TX property insurance, NJ homeowners insurance, NJ bonds, NJ workers comp, NJ life insurance and more. We invite you to experience the PRIME difference! Visit us at our online insurance website, email us at PRIME [at] primeins [dot] com or call us at 732-400-5242.
Summary: Suffering from the unpleasant symptoms and loss of work time is not the only negative impact of the catching the flu. The bug can also lead to serious physical consequences and in some cases, even death. Learn the basics of protecting yourself from the flu with these quick tips from the commercial insurance experts.