A Prime Insurance Winter Special
Even if snow hasn’t hit your neck of the woods yet, the white-blanketed mountain areas in Upstate NY and other northeastern high spots offer skiing fun that fans clamor for.
RELATED: how to shovel the safe way
Of course, the entire sport, while healthy and wholesome on the one hand, can pose serious health and injury risks on the other hand. Among the many real concerns are:
- Sudden and unexpected weather change
- Changing snow conditions
- Bare spots
- Rock, stump and tree collision
- Collision with other skiers
- Sun burn
- Head and knee injuries
Being prepared is certainly the first step to safety. What better mode than having the right gear. Remember to haul up the slope with the following skiing equipment:
- Appropriately fitting skis
- Bindings that have been adjusted to size
- Well-fitting, supportive warm boots
- Ski poles that are sized to your height and have loop straps for your wrists
- Well-fitting helmet designed specifically for skiing
- Sunglasses or goggles that protect from the sun’s glare
- Warm gloves or mittens that allow for finger movement
Dress for the occasion with:
- Long, warm thermal wool or synthetic underwear and knee-length socks
- Light-weight synthetic or wool clothing to wear under a jacket
- Wind and water resistant ski pants
- Wind and water resistant down or fleece jackets with pockets for a cell phone, walkie-talkie, lip balm, food and water bottle
- Neck protectors that can be stretched to protect your face
- Warm hat (if you are skiing without a helmet)
Of course, prior to setting out in your gear on the slopes, get in shape so you will be strong enough to maneuver yourself over the curves, slopes and snowy fun!
PRIME Insurance is a 3-generation family-run independent agency that has won the admiration of the industry. We’ve been presented with numerous awards and been appointed to conduct direct business with more than 40 of the leading companies - big names such as ACE, ASI, ASSURANT, CHUBB, FOREMOST, Liberty Mutual, MetLife, Plymouth Rock, PROGRESSIVE, Safeco, StillWater, Travelers, USLI, ZURICH and more. With over 10,000 satisfied customers, we benefit policyholders by reviewing current coverage, as well as by shopping our wide network to locate tailored coverage at competitively lowest quotes.
HAVE A PRIME DAY™!
PRIME Insurance provides all forms of nationwide coverage, including NJ cheap auto insurance, low quote commercial umbrella insurance NJ, Houston, TX commercial property insurance, flood insurance, vacant property insurance NJ, NJ renters insurance, NJ homeowners insurance, NJ bonds, NJ workers comp, NJ life insurance and more. We invite you to experience the PRIME difference by visiting us on our online insurance website; emailing us at PRIME [at] primeins [dot] com; or by calling us at 732-886-5751.
Summary: Before heading out to slopes, get the tips on safety preparation from this article by Prime Insurance.