A PRIME Insurance Special Travel Alert
With international terrorism becoming more widespread, the US State Department has cautioned Americans who travel about safety measures.
13 Precautions for the US Traveler
- Make plane reservations on non-stop flights. If this is not an option, steer clear of stopovers known for terror risks.
- Prior to your trip, purchase a good travel insurance policy that will compensate you should the unexpected occur – from the regular stuff to medical emergency assistance.
- Dress inconspicuously.
- Do not place bright personal markings on any piece of luggage. This only makes you stand out as a tourist.
- Following arrival time and luggage collection, leave the airport immediately.
- Practice vigilance at all times. If you see something or someone suspicious, notify police.
- Travel only with a clearly marked car service vehicle. Check to see if the driver is the same person depicted on his displayed license picture.
- Never give a detailed account of your itinerary to the car service driver or any other stranger.
- Take necessary precautions to avoid others eavesdropping on any dialogue you have with someone else.
- Do not open your hotel door before verifying you recognize the person who knocked.
- Do not accept any package that you know nothing about.
- Inspect your rental car prior to driving to ensure it is in sound driving condition and has not been tampered with.
- Lock car doors and windows when driving in slower traffic.
PRIME Insurance is a family-owned award-winning independent agency that does direct business with more than 40 of the leading companies. We’re associated with big industry names, such as ACE, ASI, ASSURANT, CHUBB, FOREMOST, Liberty Mutual, MetLife, PROGRESSIVE, Safeco, StillWater, Travelers, USLI, ZURICH and more. We’re the go-to place that shops the wide network of insurance providers to pinpoint tailored coverage at competitively lowest rates.
PRIME Insurance provides all forms of nationwide coverage, including NJ travel insurance, cheap auto insurance, low quote commercial umbrella insurance NJ, flood insurance, NJ renters insurance, Houston, TX property insurance, NJ homeowners insurance, NJ bonds, NJ workers comp, NJ life insurance and more. See for yourself why we’re the choice agency for thousands of satisfied customers. Visit us on our online website; email us at PRIME [at] primeins [dot] com or call us at 732-400-5242 and “HAVE A PRIME DAY™”!
Summary: From Stockholm and beyond, travel in this day and age is no simple matter. These safety tips from the insurance guys are for anyone who has business or personal travel on the agenda.