Whether it’s a boy or girl scout outing, a school or camp activity or just a neat thing today with friends, sitting around the bonfire, roasting hot dogs and marshmallows, singing, and telling stories of yore is part of things that great memories are made of.
While anyone can start a fire, building a safe bonfire that keeps going yet does not spread out of its enclosure takes skill and expertise. Learn how to do it right and enjoy the warming experience!
10 Great Tips to Bonfire Building
- Be a good neighbor. Advise those living nearby that you will be hosting a bonfire event.
- Use only dry wood and newspapers as fodder for the fire. This way, the smoke will not be as intense.
- Never throw fireworks, aerosol cans or any container of foam or paint into the fire. These may either create toxic fumes or cause an explosion.
- Build your fire a distance of at least 5 times its height from sheds, fences, trees and property.
- Do not build your bonfire under cable or telephone wires.
- Avoid using petrol or paraffin – these may cause a rapid uncontrollable spread of fire.
- Have a ready bucket of water or a water hose at your side in the event of a fire crisis.
- Never leave an unattended bonfire.
- Maintain a safe distance between the fire and kids or pets.
- When the fire has petered out, shower the dying embers with water to halt them from starting up once again.
PRIME Insurance has been appointed to conduct direct business with big insurance names such as ACE, ASI, ASSURANT, CNA, CHUBB, FOREMOST, Liberty Mutual, MetLife, Plymouth Rock, PROGRESSIVE, Safeco, StillWater, Travelers, USLI, ZURICH and more. With thousands of satisfied customers, we benefit policyholders by reviewing current coverage, as well as by shopping our wide network to locate tailored coverage at competitively lowest quotes.
HAVE A PRIME DAY™!
PRIME Insurance provides all forms of nationwide coverage, including NJ cheap auto insurance, low quote commercial umbrella insurance NJ, Houston, TX commercial property insurance, flood insurance, vacant property insurance NJ, NJ renters insurance, NJ homeowners insurance, NJ bonds, NJ workers comp, NJ life insurance and more. We invite you to experience the PRIME difference by visiting us on our online insurance website; emailing us at PRIME [at] primeins [dot] com; or by calling us at 732-400-5242.
Summary: It’s bonfire season. Before you get your fire cracking, learn how to keep it safe, avoid related liability insurance claims and enjoy yourself minus the risk of mishap.