A PRIME Insurance Special
New Year’s Day Trivia
- As per the National Insurance Crime Bureau, there are more auto thefts on New Year’s Day than any other holiday day on the calendar.
- Tradition has it to celebrate the New Year’s arrival with a bottle of champagne. Given the fact that 360 million goblets of the sparkling alcoholic drink are downed over the holiday, that’s an awful lot of bottles!
- Close to half of US citizens personalize a New Year’s resolution of change for themselves. .
- The most popular New Year’s resolution include the following: losing weight, eating healthier, e exercising more, becoming more patient, budgeting better,becoming more organized, securing a desirable job and working on improving social skills.
- People in Columbia, Cuba and Puerto Rico share an interesting New Year tradition: family members first stuff a big doll, called Mr. Old Year with things that remind them of the past year; then when the clock strikes 12, heralding in the New Year, the doll is burned to say goodbye to bad events.
- The custom of some to eat black-eyed peas and cabbage is seen as a god omen of success for the coming year
- The Jewish New Year, Rosh Hashana, is commemorated in September according to the Bible’s world creation date.
Season’s Greetings! PRIME Insurance wishes all Americans a year of health, happiness and good; a year in which peace reigns across the globe!
PRIME Insurance is a three-generation family-run independent agency. We’re proud to partner with many of the leading underwriters – recognized companies like ACE, AmTRUST, ASI, ASSURANT, CHUBB, CNA, Employers, FOREMOST, Liberty Mutual, MetLife, PROGRESSIVE, Safeco, StillWater, Travelers, USLI, ZURICH and more. This gives us the ability to provide all forms of nationwide coverage and bonds at competitively lowest quotes. Visit us on our online insurance websiteor email us at PRIME [at] primeins [dot] com or call us at 732-886-5751 and HAVE A PRIME DAY™!
Summary: Bet you don't know at least some of these fun facts brought by PRIME Insurance about the New Year!