A Tailored NJ Insurance Policy Will Protect You From Losses!
As a mobile home park owner, you’ve got a wide exposure to all sorts of liability risk. See what others like you have confronted and why others like you get a comprehensive fitting insurance policy.
True insurance claims that (ugh) could happen to you too.
- A mobile park tenant brought a claim against the park owner because another resident’s dog had bitten his two children. The dog had a previous biting incident. The claimant alleged that the mobile park owner was aware of the danger the dog posed, yet he did not act to prevent another attack. The claim was settled at $10,000.
- A mobile home park was replacing a sewer system. A leak developed leading to the release of noxious matter into one mobile home. The mobile home resident filed a foul odor lawsuit against the park owners. The claim concluded with a $7,515 expense overhead: the cost related to claim investigation.
- A mobile park owner hired someone to do work on a staircase. The worker removed the handrail in the process. During that time, a woman fell down the staircase. The woman said that if she would have had a rail to hang onto, she would not have fallen and incurred the injuries that necessitated surgery. She filed a suit against the mobile home park owner. Total loss payout was $249,463.
- While visiting a resident in the mobile home park, a guest incurred damages to his car by parking over a number of bad potholes. The insurance claim settled at $3,244.
- A mobile home incurred fire damage. Because the tenant refused to allow the site to be cleaned, the park owner evicted him. The tenant filed a wrongful eviction claim. A settlement was reached at $58,145.
- As a result of a wind storm, two limbs from a tree fell on a mobile home. The roof caved in, damaging a bedroom ceiling and some personal property. The claim concluded at $7,759.