A PRIME Insurance Report
All the talk about a minimum wage increase! Here’s more fodder on the topic!
- Studies show that raising the minimum wage does not contribute to less poverty. On the other hand, workers that are laid off or fired experience more financially-related suffering.
- The most current study indicates that a mere 1 percent actually work for the minimum wage.
- Teens and not heads of households are part of the biggest group earning the minimum wage.
- Most employees earning the legal minimum work for the food industry related business.
- Most employees that are paid the minimum wage only work part-time.
- 1/3 of all minimum wage workers did not complete a high school education curriculum.
- The highest paying minimum wage is $14.82 per hour in Emeryville, CA.
- Research tells us that most employees that begin earning at the bottom of the rung, receive a wage increase within the first year.
PRIME Insurance is a 3-generation family-run independent agency that has won the admiration of the industry. We’ve been presented with numerous awards and been appointed to conduct direct business with more than 40 of the leading companies - big names such as ACE, ASI, ASSURANT, CHUBB, FOREMOST, Liberty Mutual, MetLife, Plymouth Rock, PROGRESSIVE, Safeco, StillWater, Travelers, USLI, ZURICH and more. With over 10,000 satisfied customers, we benefit policyholders by reviewing current coverage, as well as by shopping our wide network to locate tailored coverage at competitively lowest quotes.
HAVE A PRIME DAY™!
PRIME Insurance provides all forms of nationwide coverage, including NJ cheap auto insurance, low quote commercial umbrella insurance NJ, Houston, TX commercial property insurance, flood insurance, vacant property insurance NJ, NJ renters insurance, NJ homeowners insurance, NJ bonds, NJ workers comp, NJ life insurance and more. We invite you to experience the PRIME difference by visiting us on our online insurance website; emailing us at PRIME [at] primeins [dot] com; or by calling us at 732-886-5751.
Summary: Does raising the minimum wage help raise the bar for the poor? See what this report by Prime Insurance has to say on the topic.