Whiplash, also known as neck strain, is often caused by the impact associated with a car collision that forces a driver’s or passenger’s head to lurch frontwards or backwards, thereby stretching or tearing the neck muscles and tendons. Painful symptoms may appear instantaneously, hours, or even days following the accident, disrupting regular function of life.
- Pains, aches and tenseness in the area
- Diminished ability to turn head
- Increased pain when moving head
- Headaches beginning at the lower part of the head moving forward to the temple
Doctor’s records are essential in the event an insurance claim or lawsuit becomes necessary. For this reason, it is advisable to seek immediate medical attention for any pain that may be related lead to a complicated neck assessment.
Once you receive a physician’s diagnosis of whiplash, contact the related insurance company in writing to advise them of the situation and your intent to file for compensations. In the meantime, keep track of expenditures, like medical bills, related gas bills and loss of wages due to an inability to work.
Though it may take time for your whiplash to heal, you can do a number of things to ease the process.
- Apply ice wrapped in a towel on the affected area immediately for fifteen minutes, every three to four hours for the first couple of days. This will help minimize soreness and swelling.
- Take pain medicine as per your doctor’s advice.
- Ask your doctor to temporarily prescribe a neck brace to support your weakened neck tendons until they heal.
- Take hot showers, warm baths or apply moist heat on affected area following the first couple of days of ice treatment when initial swelling has minimized.
- Treat yourself to soothing massages.
Prime Insurance is a 3-generation family-run independent agency that has won the admiration of the industry. We’ve also been presented with numerous awards and been appointed to conduct direct business with more than 40 of the leading companies. With over 10,000 satisfied customers, we benefit policyholders like you by providing tailored coverage at competitively lowest quotes.
HAVE A PRIME DAY™!
PRIME Insurance provides all forms of nationwide coverage, including NJ cheap auto insurance, low quote commercial umbrella insurance NY, flood insurance, PA renters insurance, Houston, TX property insurance, FL homeowners insurance, NJ bonds, NJ workers comp, life insurance and more. We invite you to experience the PRIME difference! Visit PRIME Insurance at our insurance website, email us at prime [at] primeins [dot] com or call us at 732-400-5242!
Summary: Whiplash associated to a car crash can be painfully debilitating. This details symptoms, treatment and the insurance aspect of it all.