El Nino Winter Insurance Alert
The weather forecasters have laid it down for us: the 2016-2017 winter is predicted to have more than average precipitation in the western, southwestern, southern and mid-Atlantic vicinities.
How to Prepare?
The following tips can save home and business owners from financial loss and aggravation linked to wetter-than-usual winter property damages and associated insurance claims.
Inspect Your Roof
- Does your roof have dry or cracked areas? Are any pieces of roofing missing? Are there any joints that are cracked or loosely fitted? What about blistering or low areas? If any of these conditions exist, make sure to repair them before water can seep inside and cause damage.
- Check for drain problems. Are roof strainers clogged? Are there leaves in the gutter? Is there drain pipe or downspout blockage that prohibits proper water drainage? To avoid these conditions, clear roof top from any debris that can drift to drain during storm conditions. Clogged roof drains can lead to home water damage, and in certain situations, roof collapse.
Plan for Heavy Winds
- Make sure any roof attachments are secured properly.
- Secure lawn equipment and storage. Consider transporting items into the garage or your home when a storm is predicted.
Watch for Trouble Spots
- Check low area exterior drains for clogging.
- Ensure sump pumps and their drains are working properly.
- Consider the possibility of utilizing pallets to raise items susceptible to rising water damage.
- Revise your business continuity plan so that in the event your property is affected by storming waters, your business will not be affected.
PRIME Insurance is a three-generation family-run independent agency. We’re proud partners with many of the leading companies in the industry – big names such as ACE, ASI, ASSURANT, CHUBB, CNA, FOREMOST, Liberty Mutual, MetLife, PROGRESSIVE, Safeco, StillWater, Travelers, USLI, ZURICH and more. With thousands of satisfied customers, we benefit policyholders by reviewing current coverage, as well as by shopping our wide network to locate customized policies at competitively lowest quotes.
HAVE A PRIME DAY™!
PRIME Insurance provides all forms of nationwide coverage, including NJ travelers insurance, cheap auto insurance, low quote commercial umbrella insurance NJ, Houston, TX property insurance, flood insurance, NJ renters insurance, NJ homeowners insurance, NJ bonds, NJ workers comp, NJ life insurance and more. We invite you to experience the PRIME difference! Visit us on our online insurance website; email us at PRIME [at] primeins [dot] com or call us at 732-400-5242.
Summary: With weathermen predicting a wetter than average winter, PRIME Insurance urges all home and business owners to take the necessary precautions to avoid possible damages.