If your family is anything like mine, packing your car for a road trip is no easy matter. It’s my stuff, the wife’s, the kids’ and then of course there’s the universal stuff we all need collectively.
Doing your bit to learn the art of efficient car packing can turn a challenging trip situation into a pleasant (and rewarding experience).
6 Smart Packing Ideas that Make Auto Trips Easier
- Begin with the items you will need in case of an emergency – things like a flashlight, extra batteries, jump-start cables, extra motor oil, and rag cloths, as well as first-aid paraphernalia, such as bandages, antibacterial ointment and pain medication. Place these essentials under the seats or other spots that are easily accessible but do not take up the space needed for other things.
- Ensure your glove compartment has the essential documentation: car registration and auto insurance cards. Have any and all medical cards and other necessary papers in your personal wallet or bill-fold as well.
- Designate a small bag or backpack for each member of your family where individual essential clothing and personal care items can be stored, then place these in the front side of the trunk’s opening so that they can be quickly accessed for a transitory overnight stop when necessary.
- Assign a small bag for each child where personal games, books and even snacks can be stored and kept alongside his or her individual seat for easy access.
- Remember to keep the inside of your car as orderly as possible. Reserve items that you do not need as often for the trunk, but do have an easy-to-reach clean-up kit that contains garbage receptacle bags, paper towels, baby wipes and anything else that facilitates auto mess clean-up.
- Free space by affixing bikes and other sports equipment to the rear of your vehicle mount. Alternatively, you can straddle a luggage rack atop of your car to carry these.
PRIME Insurance has rights to conduct direct business with the big insurance companies, like ACE, ASI, ASSURANT, CNA, CHUBB, FOREMOST, Liberty Mutual, MetLife, Plymouth Rock, PROGRESSIVE, Safeco, StillWater, Travelers, USLI, ZURICH and more. With thousands of satisfied customers, we benefit policyholders by reviewing current coverage, as well as by sifting through our wide network to locate tailored coverage at competitively lowest quotes.
HAVE A PRIME DAY™!
PRIME Insurance provides all forms of nationwide coverage, including NJ cheap auto insurance, low quote commercial umbrella insurance NJ, Houston, TX commercial property insurance, flood insurance, vacant property insurance NJ, NJ renters insurance, NJ homeowners insurance, NJ bonds, NJ workers comp, NJ life insurance and more. We invite you to experience the PRIME difference by visiting us on our online insurance website; emailing us at PRIME [at] primeins [dot] com; or by calling us at 732-400-5242.
Summary: Having the skills to pack your car for a road trip can really be an asset. Get the tips from the NJ auto insurance guys!