A PRIME Homeowners Insurance Special Presentation
At the end of the previous summer, it was time to close the pool. As the new swimming season beckons, the savvy and economically minded pool owner will want to research how to open his or her in-ground pool without the help of expensive pool companies. This guide tells just how to do it in 10 easy steps.
RELATED: Are diving boards worth the risk?
- Using your leaf skimming net, clean off leaves and debris from your pool cover. Then, drain off water.
- Remove pool cover from your pool with the help of another person. Then clean it off once more; fold and store away.
- Remove all winterizing pool plugs. Reconnect return valve fittings, drain plugs, as well as pool filter, pump and any other equipment used during the swimming season.
- Using your house garden hose, fill your pool up to desired pool level.
- Turn on your system by priming the pool pump and activating circulation and filters.
- Using your leaf net, clear the pool of leftover debris. Then, fasten a brush to the pole and scrub pool floor and walls, allowing for filtering of the dirt.
- Collect a sampling of your water and bring it in for a professional analysis.
- Make sure your pool’s water has the correct pH and alkaline balance.
- Let your filter system run for 24 hours. Then, vacuum remaining debris.
- Shock your pool to attain a bacteria-safe swimming environment.
Enjoy a safe and fun swimming season!
PRIME Insurance is a 3-generation family-run independent agency. We’ve been appointed by the leading companies to deal directly with them, making us partners with the big industry names like ACE, ASI, ASSURANT, CHUBB, FOREMOST, Liberty Mutual, MetLife, PROGRESSIVE, Safeco, StillWater, Travelers, USLI, ZURICH and others. With thousands of satisfied customers, we benefit our clients by reviewing current coverage, and by shopping our extensive network to locate customized policies at competitively lowest quotes.
HAVE A PRIME DAY™!
PRIME Insurance provides all forms of nationwide coverage, including NJ travelers insurance, cheap auto insurance, low quote commercial umbrella insurance NJ, flood insurance, NJ renters insurance, Houston, TX property insurance, NJ homeowners insurance, NJ bonds, NJ workers comp, NJ life insurance and more. We invite you to experience the PRIME difference! Visit us on our online insurance website; email us at PRIME [at] primeins [dot] com or call us at 732-400-5242!
Summary: Get your in-ground pool ready for summer fun with these easy-to-follow tips from the homeowner insurance experts.