Say good-bye to your pool easily as you prepare for next year’s pool season!
- A week before closing, make sure your pool’s pH, alkalinity and calcium hardness is up to par.
- Perform a shock treatment on your pool so that it reaches 10 to 12 ppm level; then wait unit it goes down to normal (approximately 1.5 to 3.5 ppm) to add algaecides and winterizing chemicals.
- Remove the pool’s heater, skimmer basket, ladders, railings and any other pool accessory.
- Remove debris from pool, brush and vacuum, then run filter through full cycle before backwashing it
5. Drain water from pump, filter, heater and chlorinator via drain
plug or by shop vacuuming them.
6. Chemical feeders should be drained and emptied.
7. Encase your pool with a hard cover that protects from both
debris and sun and prohibits algae growth. Place an air pillow
beneath pool cover so that it forms a tent shape, allowing debris
and water to slip off.
Your pool has rewarded you with the type of summer recreation that makes winter’s fond memories. Maintain your pool with proper winterization methods and you will enjoy it for years to come. Ask your insurance agent about pool concerns in regard to your homeowners insurance.
PRIME Insurance is a 3-generation family-run independent agency that has won the admiration of the industry. We’ve been presented with numerous awards and been appointed to conduct direct business with more than 40 of the leading companies - big names such as ACE, ASI, ASSURANT, CHUBB, FOREMOST, Liberty Mutual, MetLife, PROGRESSIVE, Safeco, StillWater, Travelers, USLI, ZURICH and more. With over 10,000 satisfied customers, we benefit policyholders by reviewing current coverage, as well as by shopping our wide network to locate tailored coverage at competitively lowest quotes.
HAVE A PRIME DAY™!
Providing all forms of nationwide coverage, includingcheap auto insurance, low quote commercial umbrella insurance, flood insurance, renters insurance, homeowners insurance, bonds, workers comp, life insurance and more, we invite you to experience the PRIME difference by visiting us on our online insurance website; emailing us at prime [at] primeins [dot] com; or by calling us at 732-400-5242!
After a great summer full of swimming pool fun, it’s time to once more say goodbye until next year! PRIME Insurance brings you 7 great tips on winterizing your pool. Do it right and, come June, see how easy opening up again will be!