A holiday based on the lunar calendar, the ‘New Year Festival’ or ‘Spring Festival’, is officially celebrated in many Asian countries, such as Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Singapore, Thailand, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam and Mauritius, as well as the Philippines and among the Chinese populations in other areas of the world, including the US.
This Chinese New Year: Year of the Dog
- This year’s New Year celebrations begin on Thursday evening February 15 and conclude on Wednesday February 21.
- Every Chinese year is identified by a different animal on the Chinese astrologer’s chart. The Year of the dog is based on the 10th animal on the zodiac, representing an independent, loyal, true and decisive nature.
- Festivities begin with a Chinese New Year eve family reunion meal.
- A complete home cleaning, symbolizing the sweeping away of any bad luck is one of the traditions.
- Observance includes adorning home doors and windows with red ‘good luck’ or ‘joyful’ , ‘prosperity’ ‘long life’ messages, lighting firecrackers and fireworks and presenting cash gifts inside red envelopes.
To all our Asian customers and beyond, PRIME Insurance Agency wishes you a Happy Chinese New Year!
PRIME Insurance is a three-generation family-run independent agency. We’re proud partners with many of the leading companies in the industry – big names such as ACE, ASI, ASSURANT, CHUBB, FOREMOST, Liberty Mutual, MetLife, Plymouth Rock, PROGRESSIVE, Safeco, StillWater, Travelers, USLI, ZURICH and more. With thousands of satisfied customers, we benefit policyholders by reviewing current coverage, as well as by shopping our wide network to locate customized policies at competitively lowest quotes.
HAVE A PRIME DAY™!
PRIME Insurance provides all forms of NJ, NY, PA, MD, TX, FL and other nationwide coverage, including travelers insurance, cheap auto insurance, low quote commercial umbrella insurance, flood insurance, renters insurance, property insurance, homeowners insurance, bonds, workers comp, life insurance and more. We invite you to experience the PRIME difference! Visit us on our website; email us at PRIME [at] primeins [dot] com or call us at 732-400-5242!
Summary: PRIME Insurance Agency wishes all Asian and Chinese customers a Happy Chinese New Year!