A PRIME Insurance Special
- In the beginning of the 1900s, certain US churches hung a piece of pine wood attached to a comb on the entryway. Only those with skin that was lighter than the wood and with hair that could be combed without a snag were welcome.
- The 19th century German professor, Johan Friedrich Blumenbach maintained that Caucasians were the ideal race.
- A White House official confirmed that President Obama indicated he was a Black/African American when filling out the 2010 census.
- When dark-skinned kings were leaders in Ancient Egypt, people who were light-skinned were depicted as ‘the pale degraded race of Arvad’. Yet when kings with light skin led the nation, the dark-skinned populace was given the label, ‘the evil race of Ish’.
5. Official police numbers highlight the fact that cops are most likely
to stop and frisk dark-skinned Americans than white Americans.
6. In 2007, researchers Joseph Price and Justin Wolfers claimed they
found National Basketball Association referees were more prone to
determine fouls for ball players who differed in race than
7. Federal statistics: 1 in 4 students report race discrimination at
school per year.
8. A recent NY Times report cited bias in the jail system, with black
prisoners 4x as likely to be punished than white prisoners and
more likely to be disciplined with solitary confinement (and for
longer durations) than their white counterparts.
9. US employment practices insurance claims oftentimes involve
Prime Insurance is a 3-generation family-run independent agency that has won the admiration of the industry. We’ve been presented with numerous awards and been appointed to conduct direct business with more than 40 of the leading companies. With thousands of customers, we benefit policyholders by reviewing current coverage, as well as by shopping our wide network to locate tailored coverage at competitively lowest quotes.
HAVE A PRIME DAY™!
Providing all forms of nationwide coverage, including NJ cheap auto insurance, low quote commercial umbrella insurance NJ, flood insurance, NJ renters insurance, NJ homeowners insurance, NJ bonds, NJ workers comp, NJ life insurance and more, we invite you to experience the PRIME difference! Visit us at our insurance website, email us at prime [at] primeins [dot] com or call us at 732-886-5751.
Summary: What do you know about racism and discrimination? In advancement of social equality, PRIME Insurance spotlights the matter in this blog.