We all know it’s illegal to drive without auto insurance, no texting or hand-held talking while driving, no DUI, and other related stuff.
Here are some driving rules you may not be too familiar with – some of which can land you with an expensive traffic ticket and possible increase in your car insurance premium if you disobey them.
Thirteen Little-Known Unlawful Driver Behaviors
- It’s illegal to drive while tired in NJ, AK and various other states.
- Many US states outlaw slow-driving in the passing lane.
- Some states forbid the use of headphones while driving.
- It’s illegal to drive a golf cart on a city road unless you outfit it with headlights, turn signals and any other requirement mandated by state law.
- It is against the law to watch a DVD movie while driving a vehicle.
- When pulled over by a police officer, it is against the law to exit your car unless requested to do so.
- The majority of US states do not permit driving with a vehicle that is missing its front bumper – even for a trip to the auto shop!
- You can be issued a traffic ticket for driving with a dog that is not restrained.
- Most states have enacted the ‘Move Over’ law, making it illegal to pass an emergency vehicle and requiring drivers to get out of the way.
- Most states have made it illegal to keep your blinkers on when not making a turn. This may be a problem for people who forget to turn off the signal when they no longer need the indicator.
- It’s illegal to use your high-beams when there’s oncoming traffic.
- It is against the law to apply makeup – or do any other form of personal grooming while driving.
- You could get fined for playing excessively loud music from your car.
We hope these facts are helpful. One thing is certain: drivers that follow traffic laws are prone to be involved in less car accidents.
PRIME Insurance is a three-generation family-run independent agency. We’re proud partners with many of the leading companies in the industry – big names such as ACE, AmTrust, ASI, ASSURANT, CHUBB, CNA, Employers, FOREMOST, Liberty Mutual, MetLife, PROGRESSIVE, Safeco, StillWater, Travelers, USLI, ZURICH and more. This gives us the ability to provide all forms of nationwide coverage at competitively lowest quotes. Visit us on our online at our insurance website or email us at PRIME [at] primeins [dot] com or call us at 732-886-5751 and HAVE A PRIME DAY™!