A PRIME Insurance Special promoting Tolerance
Bias against African Americans and other minority groups have taken over the media, particularly in light of recent bomb threats and acts of vandalism directed against Jewish communities in NY, FL, PA, MO, IN and other locations across the country.
The first defense against hate crimes is education.
Fighting against Hate – Six Points to Ponder
- What defines a hate crime? According to the FBI, a hate crime is a criminal offense directed against an individual or property that was inspired completely or partially by the perpetuator’s bias against race, religion, disability, orientation, ethnicity or gender.
- No one is born with an innate hatred against a specific group. It is an acquired ideology, based on senseless bias.
- In 2015, there were 5,850 hate crimes and 6,885 related incidents committed in the US.
- 41 US states as well as the District of Columbia have laws targeting hate crimes.
- 50% of US hate crimes are perpetuated by individuals between the ages of 15 and 24.
- Hate crimes are not only directed against the victimized individual, but also every single member of the group he or she identifies with.
PRIME Insurance is a three-generation family-run independent agency. We’re proud partners with many of the leading companies in the industry – big names such as ACE, ASI, ASSURANT, CHUBB, FOREMOST, Liberty Mutual, MetLife, Plymouth Rock, PROGRESSIVE, Safeco, StillWater, Travelers, USLI, ZURICH and more. With thousands of satisfied customers, we benefit policyholders by reviewing current coverage, as well as by shopping our wide network to locate customized policies at competitively lowest quotes.
HAVE A PRIME DAY™!
PRIME Insurance provides all forms of nationwide coverage, including NJ travelers insurance, cheap auto insurance, low quote commercial umbrella insurance NJ, flood insurance, NJ renters insurance, Houston, TX property insurance, NJ homeowners insurance, NJ bonds, NJ workers comp, NJ life insurance and more. We invite you to experience the PRIME difference! Visit us at our online insurance website, email us at PRIME [at] primeins [dot] com or call us at 732-400-5242.
Summary: What effect do hate crimes have on our society? PRIME Insurance highlights these six facts.