Before you know it, your child will be heading back to school. Stay ahead of the game by being organized and shopping early. Not only will you rake in early savings this way, you’ll also avoid the last minute mob shopping that no one enjoys.
Ten Back-to-School Supply Shopping Tips – Courtesy of Prime Insurance
- Get a supply list. Then, together with your child, peruse the list.
- Make an inventory of what you have from the previous year and put a check next to, indicating that it’s something you do not need to buy.
- Entice your child to recycle old school supplies by initiating a project to enhance already-used but usable items with decorative stickers.
- Don’t nix garage sales. You may be able to locate great school necessities that will give you significant savings.
- Keep your revised school supply list with you - either in your pocketbook or car - so that if you spot a sale when you happen to be at a store, you can refer to what you need and make your purchase.
- Use discretion in a choice between exotic, fancy or realistic. A decorative or fun-looking pencil may not be as efficient or school-worthy, and may even serve to distract from the learning.
- Partner with others to share bulk online or wholesale purchase prices or reach a deal with a retail store about bulk buying. This way, not only will you settle on a better than standard cost, but you'll also be able to maintain a storage of year-round school must-haves when your child runs out of basic pen, pencil, glue, paper, notebooks. Leftovers will muster savings for the supplies you won't have to buy for the next year.
- Scout for promotional campaigns where stores offer free online delivery and free stuff along with orders. Be on the alert for community health department promotions that advertise school supply handouts for bringing in kids to have their immunization shots.
- Don’t throw out promotional savings fliers and don’t be shy to show them to the cashier for extra savings you otherwise may miss out on.
- Research school/parent programs that may supplement school supply costs.
Prime Insurance is a 3-generation family-run independent agency that has won the admiration of the industry. We’ve been presented with numerous awards and been appointed to conduct direct business with more than 40 of the leading companies. With over 10,000 satisfied customers, we benefit policyholders by reviewing current coverage, as well as by shopping our wide network to locate tailored coverage at competitively lowest quotes.
HAVE A PRIME DAY™!
PRIME Insurance provides all forms of nationwide coverage, including NJ cheap auto insurance, low quote commercial umbrella insurance NJ, flood insurance, NJ renters insurance, NJ homeowners insurance, NJ bonds, NJ workers comp, NJ life insurance and more. We invite you to experience the PRIME difference by visiting us on our online insurance website; emailing us at PRIME [at] primeins [dot] com or calling us at 732-886-5751!
Summary: Follow these easy tips from Prime Insurance for efficient school supply purchasing.