According to NJ insurance claim studies, homeowners, as well as business owners, can greatly reduce the risk of property fires by routinely using the Daylight Savings Time in November and March as a reminder to conduct fire safety inspection.
4 DST Tips for the Homeowner or Business Owner
- Inspect all smoke and carbon monoxide detector batteries. Are they in good working order? Replace any that do not operate well.
- Be sure to replace any smoke detector that is more than ten years old and any carbon monoxide detector that is over five years old.
- Replace any fire extinguisher that shows signs of damage, such as indentation, leakage, rusting or have broken nozzle and gauge pieces.
- Check your fire extinguisher for pressure loss by observing the gauge needle: if it is in the green-colored section, the pressure is good; if it is in the red zone, the extinguisher should be serviced or replaced.
In addition to the above safety list, vehicle drivers are advised to use the Fall hour change juncture to prepare a wintertime emergency kit for the car. That way, in the event of an auto mishap in bad weather, you’ll be equipped with the necessities. Be sure to include the following:
- Warm change of clothing
- Warm blanket
- Battery replacements
- Drinking water
- Nonperishable food items
- Car flares
- A shovel
- Jump-start cables
- A bag of sand to ease tires out of a snow pile
As we take measures to protect ourselves from the risks of the colder weather, PRIME Insurance Agency wishes all a safe and healthy winter season!
PRIME Insurance is a 3-generation family-run independent agency that has won the admiration of the industry. We’ve been presented with numerous awards and been appointed to conduct direct business with more than 40 of the leading companies - big names such as ACE, ASI, ASSURANT, CHUBB, FOREMOST, Interboro, Liberty Mutual, MetLife, PROGRESSIVE, Safeco, StillWater, Travelers, USLI, UPC, ZURICH and so on.
HAVE A PRIME DAY™!
PRIME Insurance provides all forms of nationwide coverage, including NJ cheap auto insurance, low quote commercial umbrella insurance NJ, flood insurance, NJ renters insurance, NJ homeowners insurance, NJ bonds, NJ workers comp, NJ life insurance and more - all at competitively lowest quotes. We invite you to experience the PRIME difference by visiting us on our online insurance website; emailing us at PRIME [at] primeins [dot] com; or by calling us at 732-886-5751!
Summary: Winter has its share of risks and how the insurance industry knows that! As you set back the clocks, remember to use the juncture to do home and business safety checks.