Smart Preparations for Nippy Weather
The howling winds whipped outside but, nestled indoors, we were a happy bunch just sitting around the warm fireplace as we sipped steaming cups of hot cocoa and munched on Mother’s home-made cookies.
Getting the most out of your fireplace
Ask anyone who has experienced fireplace pleasure. You’ll get a quote: “there’s nothing like the comfort that a roaring home hearth’s fire provides when the bite of winter takes hold!”
PRIME Insurance urges all homeowners with fireplaces to prepare now for safe upcoming use.
7 Tips on Fireplace Prep
- Call a skilled chimney sweep to clean out any built up soot that can spark a fire.
- Check the chimney’s damper for smooth opening and closing.
- Inspect brick mortar surrounding your chimney. If you find cracks, they should be repaired.
- Remove any burrowing birds, nests or rodents that have taken residence within the chimney. Mount a fitted screen on the chimney’s top so unwanted creatures will not find an entrance way.
- Stock up on more than enough wood for winter wood-burning use.
- Prepare a metallic receptacle for storing and removing hot ash.
- Brief family members about fireplace safety and preventing embers from developing into a house fire.
Planning ahead, the key to being safe and secure
HAVE A PRIME DAY™!
This article has been brought to you by PRIME Insurance. At PRIME, we realize first-hand that planning is the way to ensure optimum results. While it’s true that no one arranges to encounter misfortune, it’s prudent to procure protection for any possibility. Visit us at http://www.primeins.com/, email us at PRIME [at] primeins [dot] com or call us at 732-886-5751 to discover why we’ve consistently been the name behind all forms of nationwide insurance including NJ cheap auto insurance, low quote commercial umbrella insurance NJ, flood insurance, NJ renters insurance, NJ homeowners insurance, NJ bonds, NJ workers comp, NJ life insurance NJ and more!
It won’t be long before the nippy weather chills you to the bone. That’s the juncture to get the fireplace going for both warm feelings and warm memories. Follow PRIME Insurance Agency’s smart tips for priming the fireplace now to enjoy approaching cozy times at home minus the dangers!