A PRIME Insurance – PMC Insurance Group Alert
It is painful to have witnessed the devastation caused by Hurricanes Harvey and Irma. Added to the grief are the insurance consequences that TX, FL, GA and SC have to deal with.
In regard to workers compensation, there are possible territorial concerns for insurance companies traveling to storm-ravaged zones. To assuage the extent of difficulties, it’s best to add new states and projected payroll to policies via endorsement.
Workers Comp Coverage Recommendations:
- FL does not recognize workers comp coverage, save for instances where FL is listed in the 3A portion of the policy.
- TX uses the conventional Workers Comp market, as well as an Opt-out provision. Prolonged work in TX should be added through section 3A and payroll should be included with the policy.
- Both GA and SC do not have any special requirements in state workers comp regulations. Nonetheless, adding new states (along with new potential class codes) to existing workers comp plans is strongly recommended.
- Businesses that send employees to hurricane impacted areas must ensure they are well cared for in regard to rest and meals, as well as safety.
- Be aware that any business with an assigned risk policy does not have workers comp coverage for TX or FL through their out-of-state assigned risk policy. In order to ensure coverage, a separate policy for FL and TX must be acquired.
For any additional matters about workers comp and how it relates to hurricane-impacted territory, contact Prime Insurance Agency or PMC Insurance Group.
PRIME Insurance has been appointed to conduct direct business with big insurance names such as ACE, ASI, ASSURANT, CNA, CHUBB, FOREMOST, Liberty Mutual, MetLife, Plymouth Rock, PMC Insurance Group, PROGRESSIVE, Safeco, StillWater, Travelers, USLI, ZURICH and more. With thousands of satisfied customers, we benefit policyholders by reviewing current coverage, as well as by shopping our wide network to locate tailored coverage at competitively lowest quotes.
HAVE A PRIME DAY™!
PRIME Insurance provides all forms of NJ, NY, PA, MD, TX, FL, GA, SC and other nationwide coverage, including cheap auto, low quote commercial umbrella, commercial property, flood, vacant property, renters, homeowners, bonds, workers comp, life insurance and more. We invite you to experience the PRIME difference by visiting us on our online insurance website; emailing us at PRIME [at] primeins [dot] com; or by calling us at 732-400-5242.
Summary: Added to the pain of recent hurricane devastation are the insurance issues that come up. Here, the insurance experts advise companies on related Workers Compensation concerns.