The golden rays of sunshine cast its beams upon the plethora of residential nooks, parks and beaches, beckoning each of us to hold onto this glorious season and enjoy what the Garden State has to offer.
Did you know?
New Jersey is a peninsula, named after Britain’s Isle of Jersey within the English Channel.
- NJ’s Mark and Scott Kelly are identical twins, born in West Orange and are the first set of twins to individually fly in space.
- NJ’s Cathy Mumford of Colts Neck is known for being the first woman to finish an exerting solo paddle trip of the Northern Forest Trail, a 740 mile journey through the lengthiest water trail of the Northeast.
- There are more race horses in NJ than in the state of Kentucky.
- The official NJ animal is a horse.
- The square dance is NJ’s official folk dance.
- The year was 1940 in Mahwah, NJ, when Les Paul designed the original solid-body electrical guitar.
- The densest highway and railroad system in the entire US of America is located within NJ.
- Referred to as the Diner Capital of the World, NJ is credited for having the most restaurant goers globally.
- Known for having the most shopping malls, NJ has 7 main shopping malls within a radius of twenty-five miles.
- The world-famous Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island are located in New Jersey.
- Pennsylvania’s renowned Hershey Chocolate factory was initiated when founder Milton Hershey learned candy-making skills in Morristown, NJ’s Day Restaurant.
- Trenton, NJ is home to a fifteen-foot tooth statue - biggest in the world.
- Inventor John Holland took his first submarine trip through Paterson, NJ’s Passaic River.
- Jersey tomatoes are heralded as the tastiest the world over.
- NJ is frontrunner of the blueberry and cranberry industry.
- Margate, NJ is home to Lucy the Elephant statue, dubbed the world’s biggest elephant statue.
- The famous Monopoly board game’s street names are after Atlantic City streets.
PRIME Insurance Agency is a proud member of the State of New Jersey marketplace. With offices in Lakewood, NJ and Deal, NJ, as well as Brooklyn, NY and Upstate NY, it services the entire Tri-State area. An independent agency associated with a wide-spectrum of insurance companies, PRIME can find you optimum tailored coverage at lowest quotes. Visit them at http://www.primeins.com/ to find out how they can serve your needs.
Summer in New Jersey is spectacular. Did you know that NJ is home to the biggest elephant statue in the world, the tastiest tomatoes the globe over, and the streets you familiarize yourself with as you play Monopoly? These and more are what you are in store for as you peruse a list of fun facts that PRIME Insurance presents for your reading pleasure.
There are no comments yet.