Typically, hay fever season sees its first comeback in mid-August and leaves sufferers sneezing, tearing and itching until the first frost. As part of its ongoing blog series, Prime Insurance Agency brings readers this educating article on allergy attack prevention.
Did you know?
Most folks affected by hay fever are allergic to the pollen produced by ragweed. Flourishing across the breadth of the US, ragweed is most rampant in the eastern and Midwestern wooded parts (NJ, NY, PA…).
Those who suffer from hay fever are advised to make use of allergy medicine and watch the area’s pollen count by visiting weather and news sites. When the count is high it’s prudent to also do the following:
- Keep inside if possible, in particular during the middle of the morning and initial hours of the afternoon
- Should you need to be outdoors, consider placing a filtering mask over your mouth and nose
- Have all home and automobile windows shut
- Prior to entering the home, remove shoes, then change clothes once inside
- Vacuum rugs and furnishings often
- Launder clothes, bedding and curtains frequently
- Do not dry clothes on outdoor clothes lines
- Wash off pollen from your dog and cat by giving regular baths
Dust, mold, mildew and fungi make allergies worse. If not addressed the problem only increases with time. Affected residents should follow these intiatives:
- Don a mask and gloves before Raking and doing other forms of yardwork
- Discard home and gutter leaf piles
- Install a dehumidifier in your home and basement
- Clean bathrooms and areas where there is moisture buildup with a commercial anti-mold agent, vinegar or other home-remedies
- Dust air vents prior to activating heating following summertime
- Install hardwood flooring as opposed to carpeting
Prime Insurance is a 3-generation family-run independent agency that has won the admiration of the industry. We’ve been presented with numerous awards and been appointed to conduct direct business with more than 40 of the leading companies - big names such as ACE, ASI, ASSURANT, CHUBB, FOREMOST, Liberty Mutual, MetLife, PROGRESSIVE, Safeco, StillWater, Travelers, USLI, ZURICH and more. With over 10,000 satisfied customers, we benefit policyholders by reviewing current coverage, as well as by shopping our wide network to locate tailored coverage at competitively lowest quotes.
HAVE A PRIME DAY™!
PRIME Insurance provides all forms of nationwide coverage, including NJ cheap auto insurance, low quote commercial umbrella insurance NJ, flood insurance, NJ renters insurance, NJ homeowners insurance, NJ bonds, NJ workers comp, NJ life insurance and more. We invite you to experience the PRIME difference by visiting us on our online insurance website; emailing us at PRIME [at] primeins [dot] com; or by calling us at 732-886-5751!
Summary: Ha-choo! It’s allergy season and noses are running and eyes are tearing. Get the scoop on the fight against hay fever in this primer from Prime Insurance Agency!