Fall’s glory is not lost on your dog. The shorter days, cooler temps and brilliant foliage are cause for many good wags of the tail! With the love affair, however, come associated risks.
- Ticks remain a threat for your pet in this season. Prevent yard infestation by never leaving leaf pile accumulations that can harbor ticks. Continually check your dog for tick presence. Keep guard up by spraying your pet with repellents. Schedule regular veterinarian visits to check for tick-borne diseases.
- Autumn time is when small rodents, like mice and rats, try to find warmer accommodations by invading your home. Keep all rodent poisons at a safe distance from your dog’s accessibility.
- Fall’s wet weather often leads to mushroom growth – some of which may be toxic to animals, as well as humans. Keep your dog away from a tempting bite.
- Ask your vet about increasing your dog’s food intake. With the cooler weather and opportunities to leap, run and play, your dog may require the extra ‘chow’ to generate additionally needed energy for exercise and warmth.
- If you are preparing for winter’s entrance in this fall season by storing car antifreeze, make sure your dog is far from storage areas and the garage where it is stored. Wipe up any spills as they occur. This poison is a killer if ingested!
- Halloween, Thanksgiving and the upcoming X-mas and New Year’s holidays may bring on the decorating. Don’t let your dog set his teeth into any ornaments. Irregular shaped decorations and trimmings expose your dog to choking hazards.
- Keep an eye on what your dog ingests during the holiday feasting season. Chocolates, raisons, grapes, candies, turkey bones and the like present choking hazards along with stomach illnesses. Don’t let your dog indulge in the rich, high fat food that may cause stomach disorders either.
PRIME Insurance is a 3-generation family-run independent agency that has won the admiration of the industry. We’ve been presented with numerous awards and been appointed to conduct direct business with more than 40 of the leading companies - big names such as ACE, ASI, ASSURANT, CHUBB, FOREMOST, Liberty Mutual, MetLife, PROGRESSIVE, Safeco, StillWater, Travelers, USLI, ZURICH and more. With over 10,000 satisfied customers, we benefit policyholders by reviewing current coverage, as well as by shopping our wide network to locate tailored coverage at competitively lowest quotes.
HAVE A PRIME DAY™!
PRIME Insurance provides all forms of nationwide coverage, including NJ cheap auto insurance, low quote commercial umbrella insurance NJ, flood insurance, NJ renters insurance, NJ homeowners insurance, NJ bonds, NJ workers comp, NJ life insurance and more. We invite you to experience the PRIME difference by visiting us on our online insurance website; emailing us at PRIME [at] primeins [dot] com; or by calling us at 732-886-5751!
Summary: While your dog may love this great fall season, be aware that you must keep your guard up. Prime Insurance highlights the associated risks and how to avoid them.