12 Fun Facts about Everybody’s Favorite Food!
- Even a whiff of the smell of chocolate is relaxing.
- Nibbling on dark chocolate every day minimizes heart disease by 1/3.
- Chocolate studies conclude that the dark variety increases blood flow to the brain, thereby enhancing memory, attention span, response time and problem solving skills. Further studies indicate dark chocolate improves vision in poor-visibility situations and fosters lower blood pressure, positively impacting cholesterol levels, platelet performance, as well as insulin sensitivity.
- Due to its anti-bacterial power, chocolate shields against cavities.
- If ingested by cats or dogs, chocolate is hazardous.
- White chocolate is only chocolate by name, as it does not include the cocoa ingredient.
- 400 cacao beans are used to make 1 lb of chocolate.
- Every second, Americans consume 100 pounds of chocolate.
- Entrepreneur, Milton Hershey called off his sea voyage on the Titanic just prior to launch-off because of his chocolate business.
- In 2013, Belgium released a limited amount of chocolate-flavored stamps.
- The famed German Chocolate Cake did not originate in Germany at all. The name is after the US baker, Sam German.
- Each day, US chocolate makers utilize approximately 3.5 million pounds of whole milk to produce milk chocolate.
Prime Insurance is the A++-rated independent agency that has wide-industry recognition. Presented with prestigious awards and appointed to conduct direct business with more than 40 of the leading companies, we shop our wide network to locate tailored coverage at competitively lowest quotes.
Providing all forms of nationwide coverage, including NJ cheap auto insurance, low quote commercial umbrella insurance NJ, flood insurance, NJ renters insurance, NJ homeowners insurance, NJ bonds, NJ workers comp, NJ life insurance and more, we invite you to experience what over 10,000 satisfied customers vouch for - the PRIME difference. Contact us via our insurance website, our email: PRIME [at] primeins [dot] com or by phoning - 732-886-5751.
Summary: The all-time favorite, chocolate, has a day reserved for its recognition. Enjoy this satisfying flavorful treat and Happy World Chocolate Day from Prime Insurance Agency!