8 Fun Facts about Moms
- Following the American Civil War, Julia Ward Howe tried to make Mother’s Day a transforming social event that would garner women to publically demonstrate anti-war sentiment.
- Though she never had any children, Anna Jarvis was the woman who popularized her own mother’s idea of what a dedicated day for moms should be. She promoted Mother’s Day in the US by founding Mother’s Day International Association at the start of the Twentieth Century.
- Jarvis was so enraged about the prevalent practice of gift giving and commercialism that the day came to take on that she warned she would sue those responsible for the shift in outlook. Ironically, it was Jarvis who was arrested during a 1948 political demonstration aimed to abolish the day that had transformed into something against her vision.
- Kids refer to their mother in most languages, beginning with one of the first sounds babies utter - the ‘m’ sound.
- The average time for moms to change their baby’s diaper is two minutes, five seconds. (FYI, the average time for dads is one minute, thirty-six seconds!)
- Statistics gathered in 2015 in the US point to Mother’s Day gift purchases that totaled a whopping $21.2 billion!
- The Bible relates how Eve was created to become the ‘Mother of all Mankind’.
- According to a NJ PRIME Insurance Agency internal poll, 10 out 14 female workers are moms!
PRIME Insurance is an A++-rated agency that has won the admiration of the industry and more than 10,000 satisfied customers that it services with excellence. Presented with prestigious awards and appointed to do business with over 40 of the leading insurance companies, PRIME shops its wide network to bring you tailored policies at competitively lowest quotes.
Providing all types of nationwide coverage, including NJ cheap auto insurance, low quote commercial umbrella insurance NJ, flood insurance, NJ renters insurance, NJ homeowners insurance, NJ bonds, NJ workers comp, NJ life insurance and more, PRIME invites you to visit its insurance agency online, email them at PRIME [at] primeins [dot] com or call them at 732-886=-5751!
Summary: A round of applause for the dedicated mothers in our society! PRIME Insurance Agency brings you these fun facts that add to the appreciation!