A 2016 report put the homeless community in the US at a startling 547,708 figure. Many within this sad group are US vets – individuals that have served the country with honor. As we celebrate Veterans Day, it behooves us to examine the trend.
- Homeless status is given to any vet that lives on the streets, in vehicles, in homeless shelters or in funded temporary housing
- There were close to 50,000 homeless veterans in the US as of a study in 2014
- Women make up 8% of the veteran homeless population
- Approximately 40% of homeless veterans are African American and Hispanic
- Half of homeless veterans range in the 18 to 50 age bracket
- About 1/3 of the homeless vet population were posted in a war zone for a period
- Close to one and a half million veterans are at homeless risk due to poverty, absence of a support group/network, and inferior housing
- 40,000-plus homeless veterans receive monetary reparations that are too low to pay for housing
Regular Americans can do their bit to help suffering veterans by donating to causes that benefit them as well as giving them good-paying jobs.
PRIME Insurance joins America in honoring our veterans – heroes of our nation!
PRIME Insurance is a three-generation family-run independent agency. We’re proud partners with many of the leading companies in the industry – big names such as ACE, ASI, ASSURANT, CHUBB, CNA, FOREMOST, Liberty Mutual, MetLife, PROGRESSIVE, Safeco, StillWater, Travelers, USLI, ZURICH and more. With over 10,000 satisfied customers (including vets!), we benefit policyholders by reviewing current coverage, as well as by shopping our wide network to locate customized policies at competitively lowest quotes.
HAVE A PRIME DAY™!
PRIME Insurance provides all forms of NJ, NY, PA and other nationwide coverage, including travelers insurance, auto insurance, commercial umbrella insurance, flood insurance, renters insurance, homeowners insurance, bonds, workers comp, life insurance and more. We invite you to experience the PRIME difference! Visit us on our online insurance website; email us at PRIME [at] primeins [dot] com or call us at 732-400-5242.
Summary: Homelessness is a burning problem that affects many US veterans. Join PRIME Insurance, this Veterans Day Weekend, as we examine the issue.