It’s cold. So cold, in fact that the weathermen are talking about record-breaking lows and that’s nothing to sneeze about, even though plenty of us are doing just that.
For the fun of things, let’s take a look at some interesting insights into winter wear.
- Eskimos used Nature’s resources to make the first types of warming parkas: seal and whale intestines, the skin of caribous and fish oil for the layered insulation and water resistance.
- In the winter of 1935, Eddie Bauer went on a fishing trip and almost died from the effects of the cold, prompting him to create the original down coat.
- You can get a Russian made ‘Ushanka’ to keep the cold away from your ears and head. Made from either the more expensive to the cheaper furs, these ‘hats with ears’ look as warm as they feel, protecting some of the most vulnerable parts of the body.
- Capes used to be the sign of winter nobility for the upper class males in Britain. All that changed in the late 1900s when a more sophisticated tailored look for the coat with sleeves was created.
- The American army gives their soldiers warming wraps that can turn into a sleeping bag, tent or anorak-like jacket.
- Although fur-lined coats, boots, gloves, or mittens and hats certainly are practical in the cold, the fur trim on baby carriages, hats and handbags, and so on has little to do with keeping the warmth in and everything to do with a winter fashion sense!
Best wishes for a warm and safe winter from the insurance professionals at PRIME!
PRIME Insurance is a three-generation family-run independent agency. We’re proud partners with many of the leading companies in the industry – big names such as ACE, ASI, ASSURANT, CHUBB, CNA, FOREMOST, Liberty Mutual, MetLife, PROGRESSIVE, Safeco, StillWater, Travelers, USLI, ZURICH and more. With thousands of satisfied clients, we benefit policyholders by reviewing current coverage, as well as by shopping our wide network to locate customized policies at competitively lowest quotes.
HAVE A PRIME DAY™!
PRIME Insurance provides all forms of NJ, NY, PA, MD and other nationwide coverage, including travelers insurance, cheap auto insurance, low quote commercial umbrella insurance, flood insurance, renters insurance, homeowners insurance, bonds, workers comp, life insurance and more. We invite you to experience the PRIME difference! Visit us on our online insurance website; email us at PRIME [at] primeins [dot] com or call us at 732-400-5242.
Summary: Bundle up in the cold of winter, says Prime Insurance with these fun facts about the season’s clothes.