U.S. cities to take the biggest brunt of hurricane beatings in 2017 are listed in severity as:
- Cape Hatteras, NC
- Delray Beach, FL
- Hollywood, FL
- Deerfield Beach, FL
- Florida City, FL
- Grand Isle, LA
- Ft. Pierce, FL
- Miami Beach, FL
- Ft. Lauderdale, FL
What is puzzling to the insurance industry in particular, however, is the fact that the majority of homeowners in these hurricane zones are not as well-equipped to handle the weather catastrophes as they should be.
Studies indicate that:
- 50% of the population are unacquainted with local evacuation policies
- Less than 50% have created a personal evacuation plan
- Fifty-five percent of residents have not prepared emergency kits with essential items like medicine, non-perishable food and water bottles
- Close to sixty-three percent did not make a home inventory list to ease the insurance claim process in the event of a disaster
Hurricanes can be devastating to homeowners, residents and even businesses. If you live in a hurricane-prone area, don’t take the risk lightly. Prepare for the worst.
8 Ways to Protect Yourself from a Hurricane
- Have an insurance professional review your homeowners or renters policy to make sure you have hurricane and flood coverage
- Prepare an emergency kit that includes necessary medication, non-perishable food and water, batteries, flashlights, blankets and extra clothing
- Draw up and practice a personal family evacuation plan and familiarize yourself with your areas public evacuation procedures
- Prepare a shelter for pets
- Make a list of your home’s items in case you need to file a claim for losses
- Copy important documents and file them away in a secured spot
- Do any necessary repair work on your roof and home to help mitigate the furtherance of potential hurricane damages
- Store electronic data at a safe location
PRIME Insurance is a three-generation family-run independent agency. We’re proud partners with many of the leading companies in the industry – big names such as ACE, AmTRUST, ASI, ASSURANT, CHUBB, CNA, Employers, FOREMOST, Liberty Mutual, MetLife, PROGRESSIVE, Safeco, StillWater, Travelers, USLI, ZURICH and more. This gives us the ability to provide all forms of nationwide coverage and bonds at competitively lowest quotes. Visit us on our online insurance website or email us at PRIME [at] primeins [dot] com or call us at 732-886-5751 and HAVE A PRIME DAY™!
Summary: Preparing for a hurricane disaster is your best way to minimize potential risk of danger and losses.