Labor Day, Thanksgiving, X-mas, New Years, Memorial Day, Fourth- of- July Weekend: these mark celebratory dates when Americans travel, party and host. Unfortunately, more accidents occur on these special days than mundane times in the calendar.
Here are just 8 things that make planning and safety management so important when it comes to the holidays.
- The 3 holidays that have the most auto accident fatalists are Thanksgiving, Labor Day and Fourth of July
- The time-span between Memorial Day and Labor Day is referred to as the ‘100 Deadliest Days’ for teenagers due to the amount of teen-related auto fatalities
- If an employee is injured at a required office holiday party, he or she may be entitled to workers compensation payments
- Houston, TX and Los Angeles, CA have both been dubbed the deadliest auto accident cities over holiday weekends
- Holiday drinking and driving are known to be one of the leading causes of tragic road accidents
- Texting and other forms of distraction while driving cause more accidents than driving under the influence of alcohol
- Buses, trains and airplanes have significantly lower accident rates than automobiles
- Fair holiday weather in the wintertime actually results in more auto accidents than bad weather due to the fact that more commuters will be on the road
Keeping the holidays safe requires planning, but accidents can happen regardless. Auto, Special Events, Homeowners, and Travel Insurance, as well as Workers Comp: when it comes to holiday mishaps you need the coverage that protects.
Prime Insurance is accessible for you in your hour of need, often even during after-hours and during holidays.
PRIME Insurance is a three-generation family-run independent agency. We’re proud to partner with many of the leading underwriters – big companies like ACE, AmTRUST, ASI, ASSURANT, CHUBB, CNA, Employers, FOREMOST, Liberty Mutual, MetLife, PROGRESSIVE, Safeco, StillWater, Travelers, USLI, ZURICH and more. This gives us the ability to provide all forms of nationwide coverage and bonds at competitively lowest quotes. Visit us on our online insurance website or email us at PRIME [at] primeins [dot] com or call us at 732-886-5751 and HAVE A PRIME DAY™!
Summary: Eight serious facts about holiday mishaps from the insurance professionals.