Though summer vacations and holidays are the special marked off days in the calendar, it is the preceding days that experts claim signal the genuine red driving flags.
On the eve of any holiday, you aren’t the only one hurrying to celebrate with friends and family. The roads are full of cruising cars, motorcycles and trucks at risk. As afternoon turns to evening and darkness descends, driving safely during this busy period becomes quite a challenge.
The 10 Dos and Do Not's of Holiday Driving
- Do get enough rest prior to embarking on your driving trip
- Do a routine car inspection, fill up on gas and windshield wash and make sure your NJ auto insurance is properly in effect before you leave
- Do prepare yourself for traffic snarls by heading out as early as possible
- Do listen for ongoing weather forecasts and warnings as you drive
- Don’t mix drinking alcoholic beverages with driving
RELATED: why liquor providers may be liable for drunk driving
6. Do have a supply of drinking water to hydrate yourself during the trip, as well as extra food and layers of extra clothing, flashlight, fully-charged cellphone, etc., in case of the unexpected
7. Do take driving breaks at designated highway stops to avoid at-the-wheel weariness
8. Do take standard safety precautions for children you are traveling with, while providing things to quietly entertain them with
9. Do drive at recommended speed limits
10. Do maintain the five-second rule of space distance between your vehicle and the vehicle ahead of you
PRIME Insurance presents this article as a public service. Dedicated to the well-being of auto drivers everywhere, PRIME has long been recognized as the forerunner of insurance providers. Bestowed with numerous prestigious industry awards, as well as the rights to conduct direct business with top insurance companies and national underwriters, PRIME helps clients get tailored coverage at competitive lowest quotes!
For more info on NJ, NY, PA, MD and other state homeowners insurance, auto insurance, business insurance, workers comp insurance, life insurance, and so on, visit us online at or call us at 732-886-5751.
Summary: The excitement of the holidays often can be hampered by travel situations. Minimize the liability risk exposure by following these 10 basic holiday-eve tips by PRIME Insurance.