Holidays are a time of celebration. If you are planning to host a party in your home, there’s one thing besides the guest list, menu and entertainment that you need to be cognizant of.
Keep in mind that you may be held liable for any damages, injury or death caused by someone who has been drinking alcoholic beverages at your party. You may also be held accountable for car accidents occurring after your event.
Here are some tips to review before hosting your party.
9 Tips for the Party Host from Insurance Professionals
- Review your insurance coverage. Ask your insurance specialist to go over your homeowners policy to see if it adequately covers related liquor or Dram Shop Liability.
- Ask your guests to select a designated driver who does not drink liquor.
- Besides liquor, serve non-alcoholic beverages and food.
- Be a good role-model and limit your own alcoholic intake.
- Hire a professional bartender who knows how to recognize when to limit a guest’s drinking.
- Never pressure anyone to drink.
- Never serve alcohol to under-age guests.
- Remove alcoholic drinks at the final part of the event.
- Arrange a ride home for anyone who seems intoxicated or drowsy.
PRIME Insurance is a three-generation family-run independent agency. We’re proud to partner with many of the leading underwriters – recognized companies like ACE, AmTRUST, ASI, ASSURANT, CHUBB, CNA, Employers, FOREMOST, Liberty Mutual, MetLife, PROGRESSIVE, Safeco, StillWater, Travelers, USLI, ZURICH and more. This gives us the ability to provide all forms of nationwide coverage and bonds at competitively lowest quotes. Visit us on our online insurance website or email us at PRIME [at] primeins [dot] com or call us at 732-886-5751 and HAVE A PRIME DAY™!
Summary: As a party host, you may be liable for an accident within your home or when guests are involved in an accident after leaving the event. Learn how to prevent related damages from the insurance experts.