Granted, there’s definitely loveliness to the awesome season of fall. As the breathtaking cascade of falling leaves captures your attention, be mindful of your driving more than ever!
7 Autumn Driving Traps
- Falling leaves pose a visibility hazard just as much as rain and fog do.
- Shortened days make pedestrians, bikers and children playing harder to see.
- Curbside piles of leaves provide fun jumping ground for children – as well as added street traffic danger.
- School buses stopping to pick up and drop off children present fresh compromises to safety.
- Autumn rain combined with wet street-leaves result in slippery driving and stopping conditions.
- The glare of a late fall sunrise causes visibility challenges.
- Colder night temps create icy and/or frosty windshields, as well as unsuspecting black ice patches on roadways.
7 Autumn Driving Solutions
- Recognize your vision restrictions and drive slower.
- Turn on your dim car lights when visibility is not optimum.
- If possible, avoid driving when there is poor visibility.
- Be extra observant and careful when children are out.
- Reduce speed and drive slowly during wet driving circumstances.
- Use sunglasses to reduce glare of sunlight while driving. Pull to the side of the road if sun’s glare makes it too difficult to see. Resume driving when conditions improve.
- Take important extra morning minutes to scrape off ice from car’s body and windows, remain alert as you drive weather-defensively.
PRIME Insurance: Auto Safety and Protection
In 2001, PRIME Insurance Agency began as a small agency with a focus on Auto Insurance NJ, Homeowners Insurance NJ, and Business Insurance NJ. Since then, it has expanded into a state-of-the-art insruance firm that offers all forms of coverage throughout the continental US, including NJ cheap auto insurance, low quote commercial umbrella insurance NJ, flood insurance, NJ renters insurance, NJ homeowners insurance, NJ bonds, NJ workers comp, NJ life insuranceand more.
As the brilliance of leafy colors surrounds us, PRIME wishes all a safe and secure fall season. HAVE A PRIME DAY™ by visiting us on our insurance website, emailing us at PRIME [at] primeins [dot] com or by calling us at 732-886-5751!
There’s nothing like the glory of the fall season. Besides the sensation of color dropping from the trees, there’s more to be mindful of – namely the added driving risks. Review these quick notes from PRIME Insurance and make safety your priority as you enjoy the vivid panorama brought to you at this spectacular time of year.