Skip to content

Prime Insurance Agency Blog

All You Ever Wanted to Know About Insurance

What Insurance for Auto, Truck Dealers or Renters?

Though essentially different in nature, the auto seller and renter both need insurance to protect them from management hazards, related safety liability, among other involved risks. The following serves as a quick summary associated with these niches in the commercial auto industry.  

RELATED: What type of insurance for the parking lot or garage?

Coverage for the Car and Truck Dealer

Auto and truck dealers can purchase various forms of package insurance coverage. Specific packages have been created for franchises that operate throughout states.

The package coverage for auto dealers typically incorporates the following components of insurance:

  • Property Insurance

  • Auto Dealers’ Premises & Liability Insurance

  • Garage Keepers Insurance

  • Auto Dealers’ Physical Damage Insurance

  • Loss of Business Income Insurance

  • Employee Equipment Insurance

  • Personal & Advertising Injury Liability Insurance

  • Other forms of Related Insurance Coverage



Coverage for the Car and Truck Rental

Car and truck rental agencies rent automobiles on a daily or up to a 6-month basis. Because the drivers of these vehicles are unknown to the insurance companies, insurance coverage for the accident risk is difficult to place. Coverage is subject to analysis of the following factors:

  • Make, model and year of rental cars
  • Required driver criteria
  • Previous loss experience
  • Primary insurance coverage requisites in respect to renter contracting

For more on Auto Dealer or Auto Rentals insurance coverage, contact an experienced insurance agency that works with a broad network of underwriters.



PRIME Insurance is a three-generation family-run independent agency. We’re proud to partner with many of the leading underwriters – recognized companies like ACE, AmTRUST, ASI, ASSURANT, CHUBB, CNA, Employers, FOREMOST, Liberty Mutual, MetLife, PROGRESSIVE, Safeco, StillWater, Travelers, THE HARTFORD, USLI, ZURICH and more. This gives us the ability to provide all forms of nationwide coverage and bonds at competitively lowest quotes. Visit us on our online insurance website or email us at PRIME [at] primeins [dot] com or call us at 732-886-5751 and HAVE A PRIME DAY™!


Summary: Car and Truck dealerships as well as Auto Rental Centers require specific forms of protective commercial insurance coverage.


There are no comments yet.

Leave a Comment

Required fields are marked with


Your name, comment, and URL will appear on this page after it has been reviewed and approved. Your email address will not be published.