Earthquakes and resulting damages have been on record here in the United States since 1900.
Being that the natural disaster can occur at any moment without warning, you may be anywhere – even in the car – when tremors begin.
The safety tips below focus on the situation.
If an earthquake occurs while you are in the car, you are going to have to act fast.
Immediately do the following:
- Steer your vehicle away from any building, tree, over or underpass or electrical wiring.
- Park in a safe spot.
- Do not exit.
- See if anyone has incurred injury.
- Tune in on the radio for direction from emergency personnel.
- Restrict cell phone usage to reporting serious injuries
- After earth movement, stops: drive carefully while avoiding any bridge or ramp that may have sustained damage and could collapse.
- While driving, be on the lookout for cracking, breakage or obstruction in the roadway.
- NEVER drive over a fallen electrical wire!
Auto Insurance for Earthquake Damages
In the event your vehicle suffers damage due to an earthquake, a comprehensive auto insurance policy may cover related repair-work.
For more on earthquake safety and related home or auto insurance protection, speak to the experts at Prime Insurance.
PRIME Insurance is a three-generation family-run independent agency. We’re proud to partner with many of the leading underwriters – recognized companies like ACE, AmTRUST, ASI, ASSURANT, CHUBB, CNA, Employers, FOREMOST, Liberty Mutual, MetLife, PROGRESSIVE, Safeco, StillWater, Travelers, USLI, ZURICH and more. This gives us the ability to provide all forms of nationwide coverage and bonds at competitively lowest quotes. Visit us on our online insurance website or email us at PRIME [at] primeins [dot] com or call us at 732-886-5751 and HAVE A PRIME DAY™!
Summary: Earthquakes can happen in Tennessee and other American states. Prime Insurance focuses on vehicle safety tips in this blog.