You might say that part of this season’s modern-day traditions involve online purchases being delivered straight to your door. Between gifting and buying essential needs, the convenience never got better.
But along with the ease of shopping, come the risks.
Recent stories about Amazon delivery drivers and other individuals who stole packages in NJ, UT, TX, CO, CA and other locations certainly puts the spotlight on the topic
Because a standard homeowners or renters insurance policy will only cover stolen packages above the value of your deductible, making a claim is usually not a reasonable option.
Experts list the following tips in relation to protecting yourself from becoming a victim of a package thief.
Seven Ways to Protect your Front-Door Package Delivery from a Thief
- Place security cameras at your door
- Try to coordinate the time of delivery for when you or other family members are at home
- Request signature confirmation of delivery to a live person
- Monitor tracking info to know when estimated time of delivery will be
- Turning Amazon delivery notifications on will alert you of a related delivery
- Ask a neighbor or friend to retrieve your package if no one will be home at time of delivery
- Have your package delivered to you workplace
- Purchase insurance for high-value orders
PRIME Insurance is a three-generation family-run independent agency. We’re proud to partner with many of the leading underwriters – recognized companies like ACE, AmTRUST, ASI, ASSURANT, CHUBB, CNA, Employers, FOREMOST, Liberty Mutual, MetLife, PROGRESSIVE, Safeco, StillWater, Travelers, USLI, ZURICH and more. This gives us the ability to provide all forms of nationwide coverage and bonds at competitively lowest quotes. Visit us on our online insurance website or email us at PRIME [at] primeins [dot] com or call us at 732-886-5751 and HAVE A PRIME DAY™!
Summary: The ease of shopping online becomes complicated if you become victimized by a package thief. Prime Insurance lists the techniques that ensure your package remains safe.