Bumper stickers may seem like the ultimate way to getting a message across. After all, placing a sticker on a vehicle that travels from place to place certainly gives it multi-faceted exposure.
Here are some fun facts about it that you may not realize.
9 Fun Facts Related to the Bumper Sticker
- Before the invention of the automobile, business owners would communicate to the public by printing their advertisement on horse fly nets.
- The more sophisticated bumper sticker first appeared in the late 1920’s and was made out of metal or simple cardboard attached to a car by wire.
- By 1946, a Kansas printer fashioned the first adhesive type of bumper sticker.
- President Eisenhower’s election campaign made full use of bumper stickers to sway voters.
- Since then, bumper stickers are a key election campaign strategy.
- Many trucking companies have the support of auto insurance providers by requiring drivers to have a “How’s My Driving?” bumper sticker displayed together with a phone number.
- In Europe, drivers with oval bumper stickers must have up to three letter codes to distinguish country origin.
- Bumper stickers have become the subject of a free speech legal discussion.
- TN, AL and SC legislature forbids various types of obscene language or image.
PRIME Insurance is a three-generation family-run independent agency. We’re proud to partner with many of the leading underwriters – recognized companies like ACE, AmTRUST, ASI, ASSURANT, CHUBB, CNA, Employers, FOREMOST, Liberty Mutual, MetLife, PROGRESSIVE, Safeco, StillWater, Travelers, USLI, ZURICH and more. This gives us the ability to provide all forms of nationwide coverage and bonds at competitively lowest quotes. Visit us on our online insurance website or email us at PRIME [at] primeins [dot] com or call us at 732-886-5751 and HAVE A PRIME DAY™!
Summary: The bumper sticker has raised advertising and free speech to another level. Here are some related fun facts brought to you by Prime Insurance.