Most people would classify insurance as dry and boring. If you ask the professionals though, they’ll tell you that insurance can involve some of the most interesting points.
We bring you a sprinkling of facts that may have you chuckling, nodding and raising your brows in wonderment!
Seven Surprising Things Regarding Insurance
- The word ‘insurance’ comes from the old-world French term, ‘ensurer’, meaning, engaged to marry!
- Insurance studies conclude that married people have less auto accidents and that’s the reason they pay less on their premiums!
- Examples of things performers have insured: legs, middle finger of left hand, a particular cigar, a mustache and coverage in case of a kidnapping by an alien being!
- Pay your car insurance in one lump yearly sum as opposed to monthly payments and you will save substantially!
- According to the National Floor Safety Institute, slip and fall claims are generally associated with slippery walkways, improper shoes, lack of hazard warnings, poor training and – get this – scams!
- Specific dog breeds, known to be dangerous, may be excluded from your home insurance coverage!
- No smokers in your household could mean less of a homeowner’s premium!
PRIME Insurance is a three-generation family-run independent agency. We’re proud partners with many of the leading companies in the industry – big names such as ACE, AmTRUST, ASI, ASSURANT, CHUBB, CNA, Employers, FOREMOST, Liberty Mutual, MetLife, PROGRESSIVE, Safeco, StillWater, Travelers, USLI, ZURICH and more. This gives us the ability to provide all forms of nationwide coverage and bonds at competitively lowest quotes. Visit us on our online insurance website or email us at PRIME [at] primeins [dot] com or call us at 732-886-5751 and HAVE A PRIME DAY™!
Summary: Insurance certainly is serious stuff, yet here we bring you 7 related interesting facts to chuckle or smirk over!