Holiday greetings and cards definitely have a special place in this season’s observances. As Prime Insurance delivers its own version of well-wishing, we focus on some interesting tidbits about the tradition.
Holiday Greeting Card Trivia
- In medieval times, sending out holiday greeting correspondence was a sign of status, with the amount distributed and received an indication of prestige.
- The first American holiday greeting card also served as a postcard advertisement for the famous retail business outlet, Pease’s general store in Albany, NY.
- By the beginning of the 1900's, the postcard holiday greeting changed to the folded one we know today, courtesy of Hallmark Cards Company.
- There are about 3,000 greeting card producers in the United States.
- 80% of greeting cards are purchased by the female population.
- The average price of a greeting card is anywhere between two and four dollars.
- The business world is actively involved in sending cards, with customized greetings that feature images and quotes relating to respective industries, like auto insurance, construction companies, electricians and so on.
- The United States Postal Service confirms what we all know: people are sending less traditional cards through mail and opting instead for online e-card wishing.
During the brilliant wintertime of multi-faceted celebrating, Prime Insurance sends its own version of Seasons Greetings.
May you and yours enjoy health, happiness and many blessings of peace and prosperity throughout the season and beyond!
PRIME Insurance is a three-generation family-run independent agency. We’re proud to partner with many of the leading underwriters – recognized companies like ACE, AmTRUST, ASI, ASSURANT, CHUBB, CNA, Employers, FOREMOST, Liberty Mutual, MetLife, PROGRESSIVE, Safeco, StillWater, Travelers, USLI, ZURICH and more. This gives us the ability to provide all forms of nationwide coverage and bonds at competitively lowest quotes. Visit us on our online insurance website or email us at PRIME [at] primeins [dot] com or call us at 732-886-5751 and HAVE A PRIME DAY™!
Summary: Seasons Greetings to you and yours from Prime Insurance as it highlights some fun facts on the topic!