The insurance industry is on the bandwagon to promote safer driving by offering significant auto insurance discounts to those who engage in safe driving techniques through a monitoring program.
In an age where so many motorists admit to some form of distracted driving, the statistics underscore the troubling facts.
Distracted Drivers in the Numbers
- 77% drive while talking or making phone calls
- 44% drive and simultaneously text or email
- 31% admit to near-miss accidents as a result of distracted driving
- 23% use social media while driving
- 22% record videos or take pictures while driving
- 15% drive and simultaneously shop online
Five Steps to Reduce Distracted Driving
- Adjust your phone settings to 'Do Not Disturb' when you drive so you will not receive notifications.
- Encourage your passengers to voice their concerns about any bad driving habits.
- Hold a family meeting and get all drivers to sign a non-distraction agreement.
- If your business requests employees to be accessible, emphasize that this does not apply to answering notifications while driving.
- Enroll in an insurance program that monitors safe driving that’s rewarded by an insurance premium discount. .
For more about discounts in relation to safe driving, speak to the professionals at Prime Insurance.
PRIME Insurance is a three-generation family-run independent agency. We’re proud to partner with many of the leading underwriters – recognized companies like ACE, AmTRUST, ASI, ASSURANT, CHUBB, CNA, Employers, FOREMOST, Liberty Mutual, MetLife, PROGRESSIVE, Safeco, StillWater, Travelers, USLI, ZURICH and more. This gives us the ability to provide all forms of nationwide coverage and bonds at competitively lowest quotes. Visit us on our online insurance website or email us at PRIME [at] primeins [dot] com or call us at 732-886-5751 and HAVE A PRIME DAY™!
Summary: Distracted-driving causes accidents that result in property damage, injury and death. Learn how you can stop your own poor driving habits and even cash in on some auto insurance discounts!