Once the marriage proposal is popped, there’s a whirlwind of activity – and lots and lots of money spent in preparation for the Big Day.
PRIME Insurance brings you some of the more interesting things about the grand event in a couple’s life.
- There are roughly two and a half million wedding ceremonies in the US each year.
- The Big Day generates Big revenue in the United States: about $53.4 billion alone in 2013!
- Average price tag for a wedding was $18,000 in 2012.
- Average price for the wedding gown is $1,211.
- With all the planning, costs and expectations, things can go wrong; hence the need for wedding insurance!
- The median age for a first time marriage: men: 28, women: 26.
- While it is common for both the bride and groom to present each other with a wedding band, the notion of an engagement ring for the groom as well is growing in popularity.
- The month of June wins hands down as the trendiest time to tie the knot.
- Prince Harry of England and his bride, American Meghan Markle forwent accepting wedding gifts. Instead, they requested well-wishers to consider 7 charities of their choice to mark the royal event.
Marriage is the juncture when adjustments as a couple begin. PRIME Insurance welcomes any inquiries about home, car, business, life insurance or other coverage options.
PRIME Insurance is a three-generation family-run independent agency. We’re proud partners with many of the leading companies in the industry – big names such as ACE, AmTrust, ASI, ASSURANT, CHUBB, CNA, Employers, FOREMOST, Liberty Mutual, MetLife, PROGRESSIVE, Safeco, StillWater, Travelers, USLI, ZURICH and more. This gives us the ability to provide all forms of nationwide coverage at competitively lowest quotes. Visit us on our online insurance website; email us at PRIME [at] primeins [dot] com or call us at 732-886-5751 and HAVE A PRIME DAY™!
Summary: Weddings are fun. PRIME Insurance makes it more fun with these facts about the grand event.