Spring, Summer and Fall are the perfect seasons for the Farmers Market – the open-air marketplace where farmers along with other vendors place fresh produce on tables to sell to customers. Although the chief attraction here is the fruit and vegetables that come straight from the farm, baked goods and prepared food and beverages, as well as fresh fish, meats and crafts are also featured buys.
RELATED: the flea market and vendors
The selection of goods aside from the produce is determined by the area’s market board of governors while regional rules set the type of dealers allowed to conduct business within the outdoor market premises.
Insurance rates are based on a number of factors:
- The amount of days the market is in operation
- Amount of people at the market
- How much coverage is acquired
The following are typical forms of coverage options needed by market owners and organizers, as well as vendors.
Farmers Market and Insurance Types
- Business Property Insurance - protects both market owners and vendors from property losses and damages
- Premises Liability Insurance - protects against lawsuits in regard to liability
- Product Liability Insurance - protects in regard to lawsuits related to illness or injury caused by sold products
- Liquor Liability Insurance - protects against an accident or injury resulting from impaired behavior of participants after purchasing and drinking alcoholic beverages sold at the market
- Workers Comp - Protects market owners, vendors and their workers in the even an employee is injured on the job.
For more on Farmers Market insurance coverage and how it relates to your particular needs, speak to an experienced independent agency.
PRIME Insurance is a three-generation family-run independent agency. We’re proud to partner with many of the leading underwriters – recognized companies like ACE, AmTRUST, ASI, ASSURANT, CHUBB, CNA, Employers, FOREMOST, Liberty Mutual, MetLife, PROGRESSIVE, Safeco, StillWater, Travelers, USLI, ZURICH and more. This gives us the ability to provide all forms of nationwide coverage and bonds at competitively lowest quotes. Visit us on our online insurance website or email us at PRIME [at] primeins [dot] com or call us at 732-886-5751 and HAVE A PRIME DAY™!
Summary: Owners and organizers of Farmers Markets, as well as vendors, face specific risks that a tailored insurance policy can address.
There are no comments yet.