“The best way to garden is to put on a wide-brimmed straw hat and some old clothes. And then with a hoe in one hand a cold drink in the other, tell somebody else to dig!” Texas Bix Bender
No matter who does it - for lush green loveliness to adorn the front and back of your home, some chores simply can’t be ignored. Follow these easy fall-time guidelines and reap the spectacular rewards, come springtime!
Quick Tips to Enhance Your Lawn
- Repair summer’s sun, drought and traffic grass damage by seeding twice, once in the beginning of September and then again in beginning to mid-October when soil and moisture conditions are optimum
- Before seeding, mow existing grass as low as you can
- Break up clusters of soil’s bald spots
- Trash debris and dead turf
5. Level all spots where water accumulates
6. Apply quality grass seed (best suited to your areas climate)
7. Following seeding, fertilize thin lawn spaces
8. Ensure your roots are kept fresh and moist by watering often
PRIME Insurance, Homeowners Insurance
Though folks see us as part of the Garden State’s empire, PRIME Insurance does more than provide NJ Homeowners insurance, NJ Landlord Insurance or NJ Renters Insurance. We service homes and their properties in the Tri-State area and elsewhere nationwide. Where ever you live, let us help you protect your home and all that it encompasses. Touch base with us HERE, email us at PRIME [at] primeins [dot] com or call us at 732-886-5751 to experience insurance coverage that exceeds expectations.
Fall is that superb season when school’s back in session, the leaves turn colors, the days get shorter and your yard needs tending. Get the promise of a green spring by seeding now with these fast tips.