Who doesn’t love the summer?
The vehicular traffic on the streets and highways of NJ, NY, PA and other US states are witness to a surge of people traveling to the beaches and parks to enjoy the warmer weather. Along with the masses on the roads, come the obvious hazards linked to accidents.
Keeping alert to possible dangers is one sure way to safer driving.
9 Quick Tips to Motorist Summer Safety
- School is out and that means children are out. Drive slower, and be mindful of kids chasing balls, riding bikes and playing on the streets.
- There are more bicycles and motorbikes on the road and that means challenging road space situations. Look out for cyclists and riders and practice related safe driving.
- Be prepared for the sun’s glare with sunshades.
- Summer storms and fallen tree limbs, along with whatnot discarded by motorists, pedestrians and homeowners can lead to perilous driving conditions. Be prepared to circumvent obstructions.
- Never leave a child or pet in the car for any amount of time. Summer temperatures coupled with the heat of an automobile can create tragic and irreversible death traps for anyone seated inside.
- Take your vehicle to a mechanic to check the car for driving-worthiness before going on an extended road trip.
- Make sure to have emergency supplies in the vehicle, including bottled water, nonperishable food, first aid, flash light, extra tire in case of a flat, jumper cables and a charged phone.
- Review your auto insurance coverage to find out if you are covered for an unexpected mishap on the road.
- Keep your eyes on the road and concentrate on driving and remember to take a good break at a rest stop every so often when driving for an extended period.
PRIME Insurance wishes all an enjoyable and safe summer season!
PRIME Insurance is a three-generation family-run independent agency. We’re proud partners with many of the leading companies in the industry – big names such as ACE, AmTrust, ASI, ASSURANT, CHUBB, CNA, Employers, FOREMOST, Liberty Mutual, MetLife, PROGRESSIVE, Safeco, StillWater, Travelers, USLI, ZURICH and more. This gives us the ability to provide all forms of nationwide coverage at competitively lowest quotes. Visit us on our online insurance website; email us at PRIME [at] primeins [dot] com or call us at 732-886-5751 and HAVE A PRIME DAY™!
Summary: Keep summer driving safe with these tips from the auto insurance experts.