March is Women’s History Month. As part of the exciting momentum, Prime Insurance Agency brings you these inspiring statistics on US female business entrepreneurship.
Nine Fun Facts about Female Business Contributions
According to a 2017 study:
- Females are more prone to running a business out of their homes than men.
- Most female business owners have a college education.
- Seventy-one percent of recent women business owners are not Caucasian.
- The most-oft reason cited by women opening a company was to follow their passions.
- Female-owned businesses in the United States have produced more than $1.7 trillion in profits.
- There are almost nine million employees working for American female-owned businesses.
- Women are about twice less likely than men to obtain capital financing for their businesses.
- Brooklyn, NY has more women start-ups than any other US city.
- Palo Alto and San Jose, CA have the least number of women-owned new businesses.
And a final word on women in business in the insurance niche that deserves a good round of applause: female leadership roles are on a steady rise.
PRIME Insurance is a three-generation family-run independent agency. We’re proud to partner with many of the leading underwriters – recognized companies like ACE, AmTRUST, ASI, ASSURANT, CHUBB, CNA, Employers, FOREMOST, Liberty Mutual, MetLife, PROGRESSIVE, Safeco, StillWater, Travelers, THE HARTFORD, USLI, ZURICH and more. This gives us the ability to provide all forms of nationwide coverage and bonds at competitively lowest quotes. Visit us on our online insurance website or email us at PRIME [at] primeins [dot] com or call us at 732-886-5751 and HAVE A PRIME DAY™!
Summary: Prime Insurance celebrates Women’s History Month with these related fun facts.