“You almost made me get into an accident! PLEASE stop being a BACKSEAT DRIVER!”
I’d imagine that every driver out there can identify with the above statement. Backseat drivers are… I’ll let you fill in the dots.
In the meantime the auto insurance specialists examine some interesting facts on the topic.
6 Things about Back-Seat Drivers You May Not Already Know
- The ‘backseat driver’ label for someone who offers unsolicited driving advice was coined in the beginning of the 1900's as cars became more popular.
- Though the term originally was solely in reference to those offering unwelcome comments on the driver’s road performance, it has emerged to include anyone who gives irritating and unwanted advice.
- Every seven car accidents or vehicular near misses are caused by distractions of a backseat driver!
- Studies indicate that parents and spouses sitting in the car are most prone to backseat driving tendencies than other passengers.
- If backseat rhetoric becomes annoying, auto insurance experts advice honesty. Though he or she may be well-meaning, tell the backseat driver that the comments are not appreciated and may lead to dangerous distractions.
- The final word on the annoyance of a backseat driver may actual be a safety wakeup call to a driver: perhaps the appropriate response to being the brunt of criticism is to review your driving techniques.
Prime Insurance is dedicated to fostering safe driving. Whether it’s a car, truck, motorcycle, RV or any other vehicle, drive with care!
PRIME Insurance is a three-generation family-run independent agency. We’re proud partners with many of the leading companies in the industry – big names such as ACE, ASI, ASSURANT, CHUBB, CNA, Employers, FOREMOST, Liberty Mutual, MetLife, PROGRESSIVE, Safeco, StillWater, Travelers, USLI, ZURICH and more. This gives us the ability to provide all forms of nationwide coverage at competitively lowest quotes. HAVE A PRIME DAY™! Visit us on our online insurance website; email us at PRIME [at] primeins [dot] com or call us at 732-886-5751.
Summary: Every driver can relate to these fun facts about backseat drivers – brought to you by the auto insurance experts.