You Need NJ Liquor Liability Insurance
You own a bar, tavern, restaurant, liquor-providing shop or are an event sponsor where alcoholic beverages are served. You have a unique risk exposure for far-reaching liability…
Claim Examples from the Files of PRIME Insurance
- A bartender served a young patron and his companion, but failed to ask for proper I.D. After drinking their fill of beer, the couple left the tavern. Under the influence of alcohol, the teenage driver lost control of the car and crashed into a telephone pole. His passenger suffered resulting injuries. A lawsuit was filed against the tavern for unlawful serving of alcohol to a minor. Settlement for the claim was reached at $60,000. Total expenses were $25,000.
- Two underage friends were served beer at a trendy pub. Not long after leaving the bar, their car drove into oncoming traffic and hit a tractor-trailer. The truck driver sustained severe injuries. A lawsuit was filed against the establishment for negligent service, plus failing to adequately train bartenders. The insurance policy’s limit was exhausted and total expenses reached $50,000.
- A group of friends downed some alcoholic beverages at a high-end restaurant and then paid for a pack of beer to take with them. As the friends drove away, a policeman observed them hurling things out of their vehicle. The officer turned on his siren and pursued the car. The fleeing driver lost control of his car. The car overturned, resulting in two passenger deaths. Relatives filed a suit for wrongful death against the eatery. Settlement for the claim concluded at $400,000. Costs for expenses totaled $59,000.
- A man attending a concert ordered 8 bottles of beer throughout the performance. While driving at high-speed on his way home, he collided into the vehicle in front of him. Two of the passengers traveling in the other car fell out onto the street as a result of the impact and suffered extensive injuries. The victims filed negligent service lawsuits against the concession stand owner. Settlement for the claim was reached at $1,000,000 and expenses totaled $77,000.
- Out for a night of fun, a couple went bowling and drank 3 jugs of beer. Shortly afterward, they argued. The boyfriend drove off, leaving his date. Then, his car struck a construction man working on the freeway. The worker incurred a fractured pelvis, head injury and facial lacerations. A lawsuit for negligent service was brought against the bowling alley. Settlement for the claim was reached at $200,000. Total cost of the expenses was $15,000.
- A teenager bought a pack of beer at a convenience store without being asked for his I.D. The drinks were served at a party for underage participants. The mother of the boy sent his twenty-year-old sister to drive him home. Before escorting him out to the car, she also drank some beer. Impaired by the alcohol she had consumed, the sister lost control of her vehicle as she drove home. The car overturned and the brother fell out onto the pavement. The boy died from the associated injuries. The parents of the boy filed a lawsuit against the store where the beer was purchased, holding it liable for the beer sold to a minor. $580,000 in damages was awarded to the claimant. Expenses totaled $100,000.
PRIME Insurance: Coverage for the Liquor Serving Industry
At PRIME, we know all about your distinct risks. Authorized to conduct direct business with over 40 leading national insurance companies, we have the resources to sift through policies to present you with a tailored coverage – at a competitively low quote.
Specializing in all forms of NJ general liability insurance, homeowner insurance, auto insurance, commercial insurance, life insurance, workers compensation insurance, etc., we’re the dependable ones that thousands of happy customers come to.
PRIME Insurance is a 3-generation family-run independent agency that has won the admiration of the industry. We’ve been presented with numerous awards and been appointed to conduct direct business with more than 40 of the leading companies - big names such as ACE, ASI, ASSURANT, CHUBB, FOREMOST, Liberty Mutual, MetLife, Plymouth Rock, PROGRESSIVE, Safeco, StillWater, Travelers, USLI, ZURICH and more. With over 10,000 satisfied customers, we benefit policyholders by reviewing current coverage, as well as by shopping our wide network to locate tailored coverage at competitively lowest quotes.
HAVE A PRIME DAY™!
PRIME Insurance provides all forms of nationwide coverage, including NJ cheap auto insurance, low quote commercial umbrella insurance NJ, Houston, TX commercial property insurance, flood insurance, vacant property insurance NJ, NJ renters insurance, NJ homeowners insurance, NJ bonds, NJ workers comp, NJ life insurance and more. We invite you to experience the PRIME difference by visiting us on our online insurance website; emailing us at PRIME [at] primeins [dot] com or by calling us at 732-886-5751.
Summary: You own a bar or tavern, a restaurant, a retail store that sells alcoholic drinks, or are an event sponsor. Read these true claim examples to see what you are up against and why you need liquor liability insurance.