The excitement of returning to school begins with the trip there. Prime Insurance educates you about some related school bus stuff here.
7 Fascinating Details about the School Bus
- School buses have been around since the late 1800s.
- The original school buses were carriages pulled by horses and were called ‘school hacks’ and ‘kid hacks’.
- The color yellow was chosen for the school bus because of its bright hue that is noticeable even in dimness and adverse weather conditions.
- School bus roofs are painted white in order to lower the interior temperatures by approximately 10 degrees in the summertime, while maintaining a three to four degree drop during the wintertime.
- School bus insurance covers liability for children on the bus, children walking to and from the bus, as well as children that are waiting for the bus.
- According to the NHTSA, a child that travels by school bus is 7 times less likely to be in an accident than those commuting in other vehicles.
- Recent legislature in the states AS, CA, FL, LA, NA, NJ, NY and TX requires even large school buses to have installed seat belts.
Prime Insurance wishes all kids, teachers and parents a safe school year!
PRIME Insurance is a three-generation family-run independent agency. We’re proud to partner with many of the leading underwriters – recognized companies like ACE, AmTRUST, ASI, ASSURANT, CHUBB, CNA, Employers, FOREMOST, Liberty Mutual, MetLife, PROGRESSIVE, Safeco, StillWater, Travelers, USLI, ZURICH and more. This gives us the ability to provide all forms of nationwide coverage and bonds at competitively lowest quotes. Visit us on our online insurance website or email us at PRIME [at] primeins [dot] com or call us at 732-886-5751 and HAVE A PRIME DAY™!
Summary: School bus insurance is not the only thing Prime Insurance provides: here are some related fun facts to learn.
There are no comments yet.